What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GUIDE: Galaxy S (GT-i9000M) to CM9 (ICS) or CM10 (JB)

Lpfan4ever

My guess is that you probably need a reflash. Lots of FCs (force closes) are a bad sign.

JD

Staff member

teamsundin

Reflash with wipe for that matter.

Devil kernel can be found here: [Kernel][ICS] Devil3_1.0.2 [23/07/12] - i9000 and i9000B - xda-developers

And by flashing the modem zip via CWM (Install zip option), that automatically loads the modem. There's nothing further you need to do. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
Thanks, I notice there are two different links and many zips and tar files...I assume one of the zip files needs to be download and installed via CWM? What is the difference between them?

buzzfed

this is THE BESTand EASiEST tut that i have ever come across. thank you for the great effort. will this work on my sgs2 which i bricked and had to send in for repair. if so pm me or let me know where to go.Fxxing EH

JD

Staff member
Thanks, I notice there are two different links and many zips and tar files...I assume one of the zip files needs to be download and installed via CWM? What is the difference between them?
If you're on ICS, you'll want to grab Devil3_1.1.0-ICS_i9000_CFS_BLN_CMC_20120802.zip

this is THE BESTand EASiEST tut that i have ever come across. thank you for the great effort. will this work on my sgs2 which i bricked and had to send in for repair. if so pm me or let me know where to go.Fxxing EH
I assume it would be a very similar process, only you'd have to substitute SGS2 files of course. I can't say for certain though since I never had the SGS2, and I'm now on the SGS3.

buzzfed

i just flashed my stock i9000m and was up with no glitches in 20 minutes .
from Virgin galaxy s gingerbread 2.3.3.xxkg3 to 4.0.4 I9000xxjvt CyanogenMod 9-20120805-nightly-galaxysmtd

buzzfed

JD you will have to let us know how you did with your sgs3 as it is going to be my next phone

JD

Staff member
Glad to hear it worked for you :thumb:

As for my SGS3, since I face WiFi issues (maybe router related, not sure yet), I'm sticking to stock for the time being as it allows me access to the service menus in order to disable the WiFi power saving features which fixes things. Also it seems the Jellybean builds out there are lacking hardware composition so it doesn't run silky smooth as I've tried a few.

That being said, Jellybean on the SGS does work pretty well and I was running it prior to getting my SGS3. You can find it here: [ALPHA][ROM][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung Galaxy S - xda-developers

JD

Staff member
For the S3 JD, I'd say try giving the AOKP project that task560 and ktoonsez are doing a shot. Seems less iffy than CM10 at the moment. Been running the 8/02 ROM since release and haven't had a single issue besides the rendering one that was fixed in the 8/05 release.

[ROM] AOKP(Jellybean & ICS) Task & Ktoonsez Run a Train (8/5)(TGFY ONLINE!!!) - xda-developers
Doesn't matter, nothing from the CM10 branch supports the Samsung "service menus" or "hidden menus", whatever you want to call them. I need access to *#0011# in order to disable the WiFi power saving feature so that it'll connect to my home network.

Also, I don't like pink unicorns on my phone :bleh:

Latest posts

Twitter