What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

GUIDE: Galaxy S (GT-i9000M) to CM9 (ICS) or CM10 (JB)

CriminalMind

You haven't been able to enter CWM?

Have you done the Volume Up + Volume Dn + Power three-button Hail Mary?

slay3r

Yes, its the same as the 3e recovery that was working right? After flashing cwm, it was all black when doing it. :sad:

slay3r

My phone need to replace the main PBA and it cost 250$ out of warranty... Time to say goodbye... It did only last for 2 years :( we still have 1 year contract left. Geez of the two phone i had, both needed repair, but this one is out of warranty. I am still aiming at gettin the Galaxy S3 and i just wish they make better quality phone now cause i liked my original galaxy s.

CriminalMind

Ever since I upgraded, I have been missing notifications, such as tletting me know I got a text message, and the phone doesn't ring when I get a call.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

JD

Staff member
Ever since I upgraded, I have been missing notifications, such as tletting me know I got a text message, and the phone doesn't ring when I get a call.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem?
Can't say I have, though I have everything set to vibrate. Never use audible rings.

Are you on the latest nightly? Could just be the version you have.

CriminalMind

No, I actually rolled it back to the one at the beginning of this How-To, in case I'd messed anything up with the extra downloads.

Nightlies seem to break more than they fix right now. :)

CriminalMind

Well, well well... this might have been the problem. Not sure, but there was a fix for it posted Wednesday:

Merge "Fix occasional completely mute incoming call" into ics

241 final PhoneApp app = PhoneApp.getInstance();
243 // If the ringer is currently ringing and/or vibrating, stop it
244 - // right now (before actually answering the call.)
245 - app.getRinger().stopRing();
244 + // right now and prevent new rings (before actually answering the call.)
245 + app.notifier.silenceRinger();
247 boolean answered = false;
248 Phone phone = ringing.getPhone();

JD

Staff member
I keep an eye on this: BBQLog - CyanogenMod Changelog and if there's changes that seem suitable to me, I'll flash right away. Otherwise I flash every Saturday.

Any news on that supposed faster version of ICS?
No signs of it in the changelog yet, but they are planning to merge it. I'm guessing AOKP will do it before CM9 though. Seems AOKP makes "feature" changes quicker than CM does, but I'll stick with CM for now.

Things have been running excellent with the CM9 nightlies + Devil3 kernel with ZRAM and bigmem (391MB) enabled. Rather smooth experience now.

Last edited:

Latest posts