What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Guide to the Hardware Canucks GPU Benchmarking Process

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
In an effort to open our GPU benchmarking process to the public's eye, this ever-evolving guide details the Hardware Canucks GPU benchmarking process. Within it, we include videos of our benchmark runs, our save game files, timedemos and quick guides to talk readers through the process of recreating our results.

You can find the Guide here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ardware-canucks-gpu-benchmarking-process.html

Please use this thread to discuss everything under the sun regarding our benchmarking process. We'll be the first to admit there is always room to improve so any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:

SKYMTL

Staff member
She's up. Check first post or front page for the link.

Last edited:

Blackdeath

Sky,
Could you also include a GTA IV gameplay as part of the staple benchmarks? Wouldn't it better to have at least One Open world game which will be played by almost everyone who visits this site.... but its going to be hard to find the "worst case scenario"scene in this game... :bleh:

but still having a game like that, will be nice to know how the GPUs of today handles a game like GTA IV, an open-world game.

Thanks,:ph34r:

Last edited:

SKYMTL

Staff member
In my experience, GTA IV is buggy as hell and it is next to impossible to get repeatable results due to the nature of a "random" game world. Most sites I know of use the built-in benchmark which DOES NOT in any way represent real world gaming. So in short the answer is no. Sorry.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Plus, in the coming months, there will be plenty of other games being added (Crysis 2, StarCraft 2, etc) and some being removed (Far Cry 2).

benchMark

Excellent job SKYTML! I think it's great you created a guide for your readers to recreate your benchmarking process.
Has anybody actually tried any of the benchmarks? I would be interested in seeing what the forum members results are.

Last edited:

Latest posts