What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HAF 932 BE vs HAF X

Eluder

So, I will be returning my HAF 922 as I've had two cases with similar QC issues and I am still considering the HAF lineup because of its excellent cooling.

I am now looking at the HAF 932 Black Edition or going all out for the HAF X.
Now if the price difference is only around $40, is it worth just getting the HAF X over the 932 Black Edition?

I would think the 932 BE would be a tad quieter since it doesn't have the mesh panel on the side, but the X might be cleaner as it has some filters included?

Was hoping owners of both could chime in a provide the feedback ASAP as I will likely be picking up the new case tonight.

Thanks!

Eluder

Hey Ed, didn't know you were on this site (I'm the same Eluder from TSC).
I have the same issue with the cutout after reading reviews, but it seems like it's the whole HAF lineup that has this issue. Doesn't seem cut big enough for any of the newer boards (1155/1156).

My only concern about going to the HAF X is the sheer size, although from what I've read, it's not that much bigger than the 932.

Pax

I've built 3 computers in HAF 932's and 3 in HAF X's. I prefer the HAF X. It looks much cleaner inside and I found it easier to route/hide cables. Both cases are big, so I wouldn't really buy based on the size of one vs the other.

I haven't done any side by side comparisons for airflow or temps, but both were very reasonable.

If the extra $40 is a concern, you'd be fine with the 932 BE. Both are great cases.

CM also sells some refurbed units that might get you a case for a few bucks off.
CM Store

Eluder

Nah, the $40 isn't a concern, just wondering if it's worth the extra, and so far sounds like it is.
I guess I'll see if both are on display tonight and make a decision, but I am leaning towards the X right now.

bkh2

I own the HAF 932 and I absolutely hate not having dust filters. I'd go with the HAF X, even if it is only for the dust filters. From the reviews, it seems the HAF X has better cable management and better overall layout. This should be expected, since the HAF X is much newer than the 932.

GeezerHT

I have a Haf-X and love it!
I got a 200mm blu LED Megaflow fan for the side and moved the supplied side case fan to the top(2 top exhaust fans).
The case looks awesome and is very quiet with excellent air cooling results!

You can't go wrong with the Haf-X.

bonanza2000

I have a HAF X case with a i7-930 in it and a H50 cooler. The temps are always below 40 C. I love the case and would recommend it. It is big and with the wheels on the bottom it will roll under a standard fold up table. One thing I had a little issue with is the mother board screws look like some of the other screws that come with it so before you put the mother board in, try the screws in and then pick out all the correct ones so you aren't guessing. I figure it will be the last case I buy for a long time and will just upgrade components as needed.

AKY

I think the Haf X would be worth it since it can be had for around $160 PM'ed.. I just bought it last week myself and I am waiting for it. Might as well spend the extra $40 to buy something that you will be happy with for the next 5 years.

Eluder

I ended up passing on both and going with a Lian Li PC-A70F.
I know it won't be as good as the HAFs for cooling, but it looks better (IMHO) and is so much lighter because it's all aluminum.

greentea711

I have the original HAF 932, i have 1 xigmatek fan on the bottom and 1 zip tied to the harddrive cage, and replaced the top fan with 2 more xig fans. And i removed the side panel fan because it created so much dust. The air flow is much better right now. I have 9 harddrives installed, i added a harddrive cage in the 5.25 bay area. Just so you know, the front panel 5.25 bay area makes rattling sound occasionally. It is VERY annoying. but all and all, it's a great case for the price.