What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HAF cooling

crazyhorsejohnny

Hey guys. All you HAF owners out there did you leave the cooling stock or did you install 140mm or 120mm instead of the huge stock fans. Just wondering what works best for overall cooling while remaining fairly quiet.

Ging9

I've kept all the stock fans...I don't find them particularly noisy, and temps have dropped across the board by 5-10 degrees celsius. For example, my OC'd Xeon 3110 now idles at 31 degrees...it used to run around 35. My 4870 idles in the mid 40s vs. high 70s, but I'm not sure how much that's due to the Akasa Vortexx I installed in place of the stock cooler.

Dogger1

I left mine stock, with the exception of adding a 120 inlet in the bottom of the case next to my PSU. The three stock 230's and the one 140 spin at a low RPM, so there's not a lot of noise and because of the size of their blades they're able to move a rather amazing amount of air. I equate that to having the best of two worlds and look for more manufactures to move to larger fans in their full size tower cases.

CasheKicker

Mine are stock. DOn't really hear the fans. In fact the only thing I hear running now is my power supply. Think I need an ultra quiet supply, its driving me crazy.

Inik

Folding Team
I'm using the stock ones too.. I added a 120 mm fan in the bottom that's all! The loudest thing in my case is my GPU!

Matt

I'm running stock and it's really quiet, I think the 120mm mounting holes are mostly there for radiators and things like that.

Dar_ell

I mostly left the stock cooling the same, i also modded 2 120mm fans on the HD cage(i don't really find a difference but meh..).

Latest posts