What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HAF-X +H70

BFighter

They're coming tomorrow
I only bought H70 and the HAFx\
I know the h70 will fit in the case, but about the fans of the case and h70

It isnt necessary to replace the fans, they are good enough right? 1-2 C won't bother me

Adding the 120mm fan and 80mm fan for your VGA, is it really necessary?

Adding a second 200mm top fan is that going to make a difference?

Set-up in my mind

Top: Exhaust

H70: Push-pull fresh air in rad> in case

Rest of the fans is intake.

fishingfanatic

Cases and Cooling

That case gives you plenty of options.

Perhaps you should try the setup as is and if temps r 2 high 4 u, then u could add a fan or 2.

I had 2 480s in sli and found things acceptable with a gpu fan in the provided shroud,though it was very high cfms.

As 4 the H70, it should help air flow by not blocking or disrupting air flow as much.

Personally, having plenty of room to work in, usb3 and sata3, as well as the hot swap bays and good air flow options, this works well 4 me.

Esthetics may not b there, but it's tucked away anyhow.

Hope that helps a bit.:thumb::biggrin:

Dark-Colonel

BFighter said:
It isnt necessary to replace the fans, they are good enough right? 1-2 C won't bother me

The included fans are quite good, they're big with low RPM but push a decent amount of air. You won't find significantly better fans in the 20cm+ range anyhow so the only reason to replace them is to get LEDs.

I bought 3 Red LED Megaflow fans and placed one on the side, and 2 up top. Then I bought a Xigmatech 14cm Red LED fan from NCIX for the rear case. All in all, the case still remains quiet, none of the fans have any high annoying pitches or vibrations and my case looks quite nice at night with an awesome red glow.

BFighter said:
Adding the 120mm fan and 80mm fan for your VGA, is it really necessary?

The VGA fan duct can hold either a 12cm or a 8cm fan, I'm using mine for my GTX 470's Gelid Cooler and it works really well, it actually managed to reduce the temps by a good 3c surprisingly without adding noise so my GTX 470 is idling around 42c.

BFighter said:
Adding a second 200mm top fan is that going to make a difference?

I can't give you any figures for my answers, but I don't think it has for my case as I don't have a rad, maybe if you did it would? I installed one just to get some more lighting in there and the Megaflow fans are quiet so it didn't add any noise. Plus, if you look at its placement, its not close to anything, nor is anything exhausting heat close to it, so it probably has very little to no effect on your temps.

You'll really enjoy the case, it has looks only a mother could love, but everyone would appreciate its interior options & build quality.

Latest posts