What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HALP! i7 build issues!

Infiniti

Yeah, that's what I'm doing but it doesn't seem to be working. Might I ask, if it were the PSU malfunctioning, then why does the blue LED by the 24-pin connector come on when I switch on the PSU (indicating that there is power to the motherboard)?

And actually I went to the store and paid in cash for the thing, would they be able to retrieve a new invoice for me given that scenario?
The LED would still turn on, even if the PSU is dead. This was the case with my 850w, when everything was plugged in, the LED goes on, but when I power it up, the fans will spin for a second or so, and turn off.

They might be able to find your invoice, if you remember the exact date you bought it.

ImmaPC

I really can't remember when I bought it, sometime in November I believe. I went in there and paid cash for it, I didn't order it online or anything... snap

tzetsin

Before you tear out your PSU, try removing EVERYTHING but the cpu and heatsink from the mobo (that means casfans, case audio, case usb, case firewire, Sata Pata, floppy cables, card readers, RAM, any add in cards (pci or pcie) unplug your keyboard/mouse EVERYTHING yeah i know you dont have a case on there, but just the same.) All that should be wired up to your mobo is your power cables and your cpu heatsink fan. Start your pc. At this point your heatsink fan with either start and STAY on, or keep doin what it was doing either way you'll learn weather or not the PSU could be, or is definatly not, the problem.

then report back ;D

Latest posts

Twitter