What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hard Tube to a Bay Reservoir?

LegendMask

This is probably a silly question but couldnt find it discussed in this forum.

Usually when I fill my loop through the bay reservoir, I move the reservoir out of the case by a couple of inches so that I can fill it from the top.

Now Im planning to switch to a hard tube for a change and was wondering how can I move the reservoir when its hard tube from the inlet/outlet at the back?

Or is it better to switch to tube reservoir in this case?

lowfat

Staff member
You can't.

If your reservoir doesn't have front fill ports or you can't reach the ports w/o removing the reservoir you can't use it. The tubing can't have any force but on it or it will eventually crack.

Bartacus

I'd consider using soft tube for the bay res connection, but hard tube the rest of the loop. If you can hide it, it will be the best of both worlds. Hard tube is a pain for stuff like that. Looks sweet, but it really limits you in several key ways.

LegendMask

Thanks for your help guys, I guess I will have to decide either a bit long soft tube from the reservoir then connect it to a hard tube through fittings and hide the soft tube.

Or just go with a tube reservoir.

sswilson

Staff member
Are you still rocking the 800D? If so, how about putting the bay res in the lower two bays? That should give you enough access to the top of your res to allow you to fill with the cover above it removed. That's how I typically do mine, but then again, I've got a small funnel that threads into the fill port and then fill that using a dish soap bottle.

KaptCrunch

Are you still rocking the 800D? If so, how about putting the bay res in the lower two bays? That should give you enough access to the top of your res to allow you to fill with the cover above it removed. That's how I typically do mine, but then again, I've got a small funnel that threads into the fill port and then fill that using a dish soap bottle.

best way is use a syringe with a tube to fill rez in a tight spot

also can use it to suck-up spilt fluid by pulling back plunger

LegendMask

Yup still rocking the 800D, that sounds like a great idea.... Been really busy lately at work and my brain is kinda lacking common sense :biggrin:

best way is use a syringe with a tube to fill rez in a tight spot

also can use it to suck-up spilt fluid by pulling back plunger

My man its been a while.... still using all those syringes :rofl:

I was planning to still keep my bay reservoir, but since Im not gonna build a new PC Im kinda trying to find excuses to replace anything I can in my build :haha:

So far Im shopping for GPU if I can get lucky and find something with decent price, and switch to hard tubing for my water cooling

sswilson

Staff member
Yup still rocking the 800D, that sounds like a great idea.... Been really busy lately at work and my brain is kinda lacking common sense :biggrin:

My man its been a while.... still using all those syringes :rofl:

I was planning to still keep my bay reservoir, but since Im not gonna build a new PC Im kinda trying to find excuses to replace anything I can in my build :haha:

So far Im shopping for GPU if I can get lucky and find something with decent price, and switch to hard tubing for my water cooling
IIRC my last TT case only had access through a single 5 1/4 bay above it... t'was a bit of a pain as I had to use something really short (in this case a dime) in place of the screwdriver to remove the port plug even before I started trying to get at it for filling... :)

The Great Gazoo

I have 800D and put my two bay EK rez in the lower two bays. I used a funnel with a long skinny neck to fill from the top port. Worked great - just pull the front face off of the case and you have more room.

dustin1706

I have 800D and put my two bay EK rez in the lower two bays. I used a funnel with a long skinny neck to fill from the top port. Worked great - just pull the front face off of the case and you have more room.

This. Depending on your exact reservoir, you likely won't be able to top fill if the res is in the uppermost bays. If you have it in bays 2/3 or below, no problem to fill it with the front panel off. If you absolutely want it in the top bays, you may be able to fill it with some difficulty if you temporarily remove the front I/O panel (2 screws). Reservoirs like the Koolance one I've been using have front fill ports as well which makes it easy.

Latest posts

Twitter