What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HardOCP shutting down, Kyle is going to work for Intel

Rogerramjet112

Interesting. Kinda sad now that Intel (who is now paying Kyle) will skew any of his articles with a grain "go Intel".

Bloodystumps

Interesting. Kinda sad now that Intel (who is now paying Kyle) will skew any of his articles with a grain "go Intel".

HardOCP will be "mothballed." It will no longer publish news, editorial, or hardware review content. Of course, being the "Director of Enthusiast Engagement" and closing HardForum.com, one of the largest computer enthusiast forums on the Internet, does not seem to go hand-in-hand, but there are some conflict of interest issues that need to be tackled. HardForum.com will be sold to a company that I have done business with for years, one that I can trust to run it in the way you are familiar with. HardForum will be demonitised and all advertising and commission links removed. Simply put, HardForum will not make money in any way. It will be left up to its members to fund operations through Patreon.

He is no longer involved in [H]

Cannon Fodder

Hmmm, apparently he's no longer at Intel either..... just saw this on his Twitter:

"My son is recovering from Leukemia and the responsibilities this puts on me change over time. My role at Intel (traveling and relocation) did not gel with my responsibilities at home so I decided to focus on my family and stay closer to home. As a result I’m no longer with Intel."

Cannon Fodder

I read a few of the posts on his Twitter, and several folks asked if that meant Hard[OCP] was going to be resurrected, but he said all the staff members had moved on, and all the test equipment he had was also gone, so it seems that revenue stream is done.....

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Was always too biased towards Intel, I guess ass kissing pays off.

Why are they hiring so many such people? Probably because they're finally afraid for once. People are finally starting to realize Intel has been ripping them TF off for years. Overpricing and underwhelming "advancements". Too late Intel, too late.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Was always too biased towards Intel, I guess ass kissing pays off.

Why are they hiring so many such people? Probably because they're finally afraid for once. People are finally starting to realize Intel has been ripping them TF off for years. Overpricing and underwhelming "advancements". Too late Intel, too late.
Just to bring you up to speed since you asked, but Intel will have a discrete GPU come next year.
They've been on a hiring blitz and such since they've been ramping up for this moment.

And the same can be said of AMD Pre-Zen.

Now we'll finally have 3 GPU makers which will hopefully making pricing more 'fair' in the market.

I for one, welcome our Intel GPU overlords. If for nothing else but to add some competition from this stupid Biopoly.

-ST

Mr. Friendly

AMD will likely have to up their game regarding their APU's to complete squarely with Intel's new CPU's w/iGP. if their GPU is good and in most of their processors, they could become the better value.

MARSTG

they could place some gddr5 on die. it completely escapes me why they haven't done that already .

Latest posts

Twitter