What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HardOCP shutting down, Kyle is going to work for Intel

Izerous

Folding Team
Intel also hired a few people from PCPer recently, they seem to have something big in motion.

Bond007

Good for him...enthusiast engagement...sounds like a requirement to try and keep enthusiasts as they move on to 14+++++++nm. I wish they would just figure out this 10nm thing.

FreeKnight

Good for him...enthusiast engagement...sounds like a requirement to try and keep enthusiasts as they move on to 14+++++++nm. I wish they would just figure out this 10nm thing.

I think you're missing a couple +'s. Here's hoping Ice lake ships with a little better PCI lane config as well (and actually ships this year.....)

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I think you're missing a couple +'s. Here's hoping Ice lake ships with a little better PCI lane config as well (and actually ships this year.....)

from what I ready the lat couple of days, Comet Lake is going to be another 14nm revision that will come before 10nm. it's quite confusing to say the least! :doh:

it's like Intel doesn't know if they're coming or going... :whistle:

Cannon Fodder

Well that sucks - HardOCP is one of my faves..... certainly more stuff worth reading on there, compared to either Anand or Tom's. Anybody else gonna miss the articles about various robots that keep popping up, along with the obligatory blurb at the end of the article, "they're gonna kill us all!"? :haha:

I read that they're "mothballing" the main site, but selling the forum to someone that Kyle trusts to run it in the same manner as it is now..... makes me wonder if the membership will start dwindling..... :whistle:

chrisk

Folding Captain
Hardocp and Anandtech was where I learned about PCs for the most part. That said, I got tired of them years ago. Just logged in to my forum account there and I joined up Oct. of 2004. My last post was 2012.

Soultribunal

Staff member
HardOCP was bought out, but you won't believe what happened when his girlfriend found out!
Click for more details!

Number 7 will shock you!!!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

In all seriousness it might be a step in the right direction to help Intel reconnect with us ( I truly miss the boards they used to make, Skulltrail anyone? )

Time will tell if this is the right decision or not.

-ST

chrisk

Folding Captain
Time will tell if this is the right decision or not.

-ST

My read on Kyle is that he is a bit of a hot-head. Not a horrible guy or anything, but just a strong personality who feels the need to say it the way he sees it.

After being the king of his own castle for for so many years and with his strong personality, I wonder how he will fit in with a corp environment? I would say that Intel knows what they are getting, and Kyle says he has been feeling it out with them for a while, but honestly I can see this ending with a spat. Calling it now :)

I know that Steve was laid off suddenly last year without warning because the site was having issues. I think the industry is in flux and disposable cash on technology is moving around. I think we will see a lot more of this.

Latest posts