What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hardware Unbox Calling Out Toms Hardware over MSI X570 Review

moocow

Basically, Toms published a review of MSI X570 motherboard that is different than Hardware Unbox and other reviewers' result (lower VRM temps than others because Toms used a different CPU). HU tried to contact the author and was called a liar and a troll. Made for one interesting breakfast this morning.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Interesting. Tom's sucking up?

On a side note: I disagree with the "open air test bench is a valid test" comment. Almost every single board in the world nowadays will have *at minimum* a 92/120mm fan either directly above the IO panel or at the top edge of the mobo, drawing heat rapidly away from the VRMs, ram and CPU area. An open-air setup relies entirely on convection and whatever the cpu cooler can do, so at very least they should use a Downdraft cooler, but I don't believe they did.

moocow

There's logic to your statement, I give you that. If Tom want to dispel the "fake" reviews, they should of use the same methods and same CPU. Not a problem to follow up with a in case review at all but to use a lower TDP CPU and then say everyone else is wrong is just messed up.

Latest posts

Twitter