What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy Haswell compatible ITX board

Status
Not open for further replies.

justmehereajax

Funny story, I used to volunteer at a local computer store. I had a NEW h97 ITX board from FitBrit in a Silverstone Gaming ITX case Raven 2. I built an i5, 8gb ram system with the parts in the store to sell it to potential customers. My SFX PSU, my HD, my case. Mix match.

The store manager now uses it to do transfer data backups lol. They want to sell off lease Lenovo desktops with warranty to customers instead. Lol. I don’t care they helped me a lot during my time there. One day it will sell and I get some money.

I so technically I have the ITX board but it is being “used” by the store.... Lol. I think this is funny. Their main data backup PC is having problems.

Last edited:

justmehereajax

what is their config for that?

The store has been in business for over 22 years so they know what they are doing in terms of what they need to spend money on.... according to them...

The main data backup transfer PC is a Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB using a old chipset,,,, I forgot which chipset. It is a ASrock board that can only run dual core core 2 duo by OC. I upgraded it from a slower dual core and 3 gb of ram. It has USB 3.0 PCIe add on card too.

According to the boss....t hat is all they need for data transfers which I agree. The main hard drive is failing so it is having all sorts of errors but still works. Hard to explain the problem but after installing a new wd blue drive windows 7 ultimate wont update. I read somewhere MS is stopping updates to fresh installs of windows so we don’t bother and keep using the old broken HD. It has so much software for fixing installed that we don’t bother now. So they use my ITX pc for data backups now. H97 has native USB 3.0 and good cable connections for portable USB HD so they do everything on my pc now lololololol

justmehereajax

I also heard there is a patch or script to allow Windows 7 to update properly but I have not been into the store for a while now ....lol. I need a break from volunteering PC fixing and building. I spend my time drawing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts