What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Haven't been keeping up, best value (i.e. 'cheap') x58 motherboard today?

0o0

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with the latest platform recently thinking I'd never be able to afford one.. well I found out I can, if I blow up my bank and use a 4650 until I save up for a 5850, so that's what I've decided to do.

Which x58 motherboard would you guys recommend today? I don't plan on graphics card scaling but I'd like to plan for it incase I find another dirt cheap 5850. I will never use watercooling ever, I'm either sticking with my hyper 212+ hoping for a 3.6ghz clock or a Noctua D-14 and hoping for a 4ghz clock. Just need basics, something like a GA EX58-UD3R. I don't exactly have a budget, but I'd like to keep it around $150 if possible. I don't care if it's used/new/fleabay, as long as it's in good condition and works.

Thanks.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=290310

Lpfan4ever

I would highly suggest the UD3R. For how low of a price, I have found it to be absolutely rock solid. I slapped an 80mm on top of the NB heatsink and the board has done me excellently.

bojangles

The board you mentioned is a great board. I would recommend it. If you do some overclocking or just want to keep it somewhat cool, stick a small fan on the NB, like what lpfan4ever mentioned. There's a lot of traffic going on in that chip.

mchutch

GA-X58A-UD3R

Have a i7 930 with the same Hyper 212 @ 3.8GHz

Cost me $200 brand new, probably around $150 used..

0o0

Banned
thanks for the replies, I'll keep an eye out for ud3r's.. terencej had one "for $120 shipped" but not anymore, anybody know where to get a ud3r for a good price?

hey mchutch, what temperatures are you getting at 3.8 with your hyper 212+? same cooler I have but I lapped it a bit:biggrin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter