What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Havin problems.

BrainEater

Ok.

Where is a safe download of the latest handbrake ?
who is the actual developer of handbrake ?

Getting sooo many false positives/warnings/etc....

-------
Related to this ,

despite the fact that my fancy new Xeons 'should' do hardware h.265 encode/decode , I get black screen.
Windows 10 is no help either..

:angry2:

------
I will be honest here ; I have not yet migrated my Adobe CC subscription.I know it can handle H.265 , but, I'm trying non-Adobe right now.
I just wanna be able to watch my H.265 content easily.
I hear all about codec packs , but once again , a malware nightmare.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Isnt handbreak.fr the official repository? My google searches give that as the first return, and wikipedia links it as well.

dustin1706

I've got v 1.1.0 downloaded from handbrake.fr on my laptop and desktop, works ok for me.

BrainEater

Yea , the official site is handbrake.fr

I get warnings there , but managed to get handbrake going.
----
Still can't play my 4k HEVC stuff....

:angry2:

BrainEater

Thanks for the link !
It's super sketchy downloading codecs right now...
even places like CNET/sourceforge have had malware issues.I basically get warnings everywhere.

-----

Funny thing is , my Skylake (I7) laptop (win10) is capable of playing them via software decode , but the machine runs out of ram....Sagath has seen this.....

My Skylake Xeons have hardware H.265 (win 10 again) but have yet to show anything.

The Xeons certainly do crush the handbrake tho..

:thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
I've downloaded from Videohelp hundreds of times over the last 10 years w/o issue.

You can download GraphEdit and open a video file with it. It will tell you what splitter is used to open the video container (i.e. mp4/mkv/etc) and what DirectShow filters are being used play the audio/video streams. GraphEdit is made by MS but hasn't been distributed in like 10 years. AFAIK it should still work. https://www.videohelp.com/software/GraphEdit

LAV or ffdshow tryouts is all you'll need. Ffdshow Tryouts is EOL though. LAV is the new hotness supposedly, but I still use ffdshow tryouts.

Latest posts

Twitter