What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Having a heck of a time with an Auzentech X-Mystique. Can't get it loud enough?

M

Misoprostol

Just running Windows XP. Anyone else had an issue like this?

M

Misoprostol

Issue still there. I'm waiting for Vista drivers to see if the problem still exists under Vista. I've tried many different driver revisions, powered speakers, headphones, ear buds... Nothing is making a difference.

sswilson

Staff member
Wish I could offer some constructive suggestions but I've never even seen one of those cards let alone played with one.

It sounds like there might be another volume controller in play which is overriding the cards native drivers.

M

Misoprostol

Problem has been reproduced on another 680i reference board, and the card has been verified working on a DFI ATi chipset crossfire board. Pretty unhappy right now.

Robscix

Alot of guys have been having trouble with the 680i and soundcards. I have heard of instances of the X-fi having crackiling issues related to the mobo but not the X-Mystique. IT is a fair bet it's the mobo though...

n-sanity

The x-mystique just so happens to have been the only card i've owned... and lemme tell yall it was a great card for 23 bucks (ebay).... till i sold it.

Nothing wrong with it, just needed the money ($70).

Never had that problem. nVidia pushed the 680i way ahead of maturity, they shoulda tweaked far far more.

Just wait for new bioses man... make sure u have the latest/greatest one.

M

Misoprostol

It's just annoying though. PCI has been around forever. A sound card shouldn't be that complicated... :(

M

Misoprostol

ended up being a problem with the -12V rail on my PSU. Go figure.

Latest posts