What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HC new look

ipaine

Now the real question, can we get the beaver back with the dark theme?

Cause light theme stuff drives me crazy.

SugarJ

Staff member
While a lot of us have some nostalgia for the HWC Beaver, ownership has stated that they needed to update the logo to keep up to other sites and appeal to new markets. (I'm paraphrasing here, I'm sure Gav or SKYMTL will correct me as necessary.) It's nice that Gav took the time to set up the light theme with the old logo for those of us that preferred it, but I don't think any new webpages will have the old logo nor would I expect the new "dark" forum design to get the old logo.

ipaine

While a lot of us have some nostalgia for the HWC Beaver, ownership has stated that they needed to update the logo to keep up to other sites and appeal to new markets. (I'm paraphrasing here, I'm sure Gav or SKYMTL will correct me as necessary.) It's nice that Gav took the time to set up the light theme with the old logo for those of us that preferred it, but I don't think any new webpages will have the old logo nor would I expect the new "dark" forum design to get the old logo.
So while I completely understand, I do think it is a bit of a shame. Changing a logo to keep up with other sites just seems wrong to me. I guess I just feel like not having it, sort of removes part of what is/was Hardware Canucks. But that said I'm still just mainly glad that the site has been updated and now when people come here it actually looks like an active site.

And hey I'm just being a grumpy old man.

sf101

Honestly i didnt ever feel the logo was the issue.
I felt that when they dropped doing written reviews is when this site took a huge turn down the wrong direction.
Trafic just stopped because people had no active talking points.

I'm glad to see both written and video reviews back on the front page now , They may think no one reads them but many do and like is said its creates talking points and keeps the forums relevant.

When people watch something on youtube they just comment there and then that's it no discussion really just a bunch of random comments.

I also feel hardware segmentation we have been having isn't helping forums live a healthy future atm either.

This isn't the only forum i've seen stagnate due to over all lack of hardware buzz .

sswilson

Staff member
Honestly i didnt ever feel the logo was the issue.
I felt that when they dropped doing written reviews is when this site took a huge turn down the wrong direction.
Trafic just stopped because people had no active talking points.

I'm glad to see both written and video reviews back on the front page now , They may think no one reads them but many do and like is said its creates talking points and keeps the forums relevant.

When people watch something on youtube they just comment there and then that's it no discussion really just a bunch of random comments.

I also feel hardware segmentation we have been having isn't helping forums live a healthy future atm either.

This isn't the only forum i've seen stagnate due to over all lack of hardware buzz .
Thanks for pointing that out... While I'm active in the forums, I don't often watch any kind of review videos so I'd gotten into the habit of seeing when a new HWC review was posted to youtube through the HWC twitter account and pretty much never visited the main page.

Maybe we can convince Skymtl to start dropping links to the reviews into the forums. ;)

Latest posts

Twitter