What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HD 6950, 6870 or GTX 560 TI?

Cherpin

I'm looking to upgrade my vid card real soon. Currently running an EVGA GTX 460 SC at 900 core/2150 memory. Really looking for the best bang for my buck/performance increase without going over 300$.

The rest is:
Phenom II 555 BE unlocked to 4 cores @ 3.8 ghz
2x2gb 1600 mhz G.skill ripjaw RAM
Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H mobo
ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 soundcard
Corsair TX650W PSU
Coolermaster HAF 922 case

If anyone has any suggestions other than the ones in the thread title they are welcome. Also, I mainly game World of Warcraft, EVE online and the occasional COD: Black Ops or TF2. My GTX 460 has problems with WoW (apparently its only 460s) and thats my main reason for just wanting a change. Also, if I do go with an ATI card, what brand is similar to EVGA in terms of warranty/service? Googled it, but found a lot of outdated responses, was wondering if anything had changed.

Eluder

I have a radeon 6950 and couldn't be happier with it.
I've replaced the stock cooler and also unlocked the shaders and it runs like a beast.

With regards to the brand, I would recommend XFX, they offer a double lifetime warranty and also allow you to replace the stock cooling without voiding your warranty (in North America this is allowed).

_dangtx_

Banned
6950 hands down

perfrel_2560.gif

pair it with another and it will make a pair of 580's question their existence :D

XFX Radeon 6970 and Radeon 6950 Graphics Card Review - CrossFire / Eyefinity vs SLI

Delavan

Honestly,

With the price of the HD6950s (ideally a 2GB card), it might be a good idea to look for one....think about long term...

but it's kinda sad that WOW makes you upgrade...can't you use a "spell" to change that card into a GTX580? :whistle:

Cherpin

The 6950 seemed really attractive but its really on the higher end of my budget and I couldn't decide if it was worth the performance upgrade. Are there any other places I should look for good video card deals appart from NCIX and Newegg.ca?

Honestly,

With the price of the HD6950s (ideally a 2GB card), it might be a good idea to look for one....think about long term...

but it's kinda sad that WOW makes you upgrade...can't you use a "spell" to change that card into a GTX580? :whistle:

WoW is a part of the reason, but I've been running WoW like this for months. Mainly just want change and I usually upgrade once a year so its that time of the year again :biggrin:

Latest posts