What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HDD Price Check

Soultribunal

Staff member
Given that I can no longer gauge what good HDD prices would be with the market volitility on HDD prices.

2 WD Blue 500GB Sealed Brand new

2 WD Blue 320GB Sealed Brand New.

Fair Market price?

ST

Jake_HT

Given that I can no longer gauge what good HDD prices would be with the market volitility on HDD prices.

2 WD Blue 500GB Sealed Brand new

2 WD Blue 320GB Sealed Brand New.

Fair Market price?

ST
It seems the 500 are going for relatively the same price as the 320, which makes sense because the 320 are single platter (fast) compared to dual platter 500GB. They're on newegg for 120 and ncix for around 100 so 110 avg.

Try $80/90 since they are sealed, regular price would be about $60 without the flooding.

Blue drives carry 3yr warranty ! :thumb:

Perineum

At this point if I was selling drives I would sell them for what I bought them for, and not take a cut. You're already doing the buyer a favor by giving it away at old market prices.

Unfortunately, if someone wanted to buy my (5) 2TB drives they would definitely have to convince me.... and that would take a lot of money :thumb:

Bond007

So say $50 for each 500 and $35 for each 320 is a fair non-gouging price then?

-ST
Sell them for what you bought them for, or maybe $50/$40 IMO. With drive prices the way they are you could make some good money on drives bought for cheap...if you don't mind doing that (not sure if I could).

Arinoth

Staff member
I think you should put a stipulation in your thread, whenever you decided to sell them that the buyer can't go ahead and resell them because of the deal you're offering as I know some people could potentially do that. It would be an easy profit and take advantage of your good nature.

I think you should put a stipulation in your thread, whenever you decided to sell them that the buyer can't go ahead and resell them because of the deal you're offering as I know some people could potentially do that. It would be an easy profit and take advantage of your good nature.
Man I couldn't agree more!

Edit: Sorry for thread crapping, but is everyone mad at me for selling mine for a bit more than what I paid for?

NI3

Man I couldn't agree more!

Edit: Sorry for thread crapping, but is everyone mad at me for selling mine for a bit more than what I paid for?
I don't see why anyone would be mad... I am sure many of the members here have done something like that (buy for $200, benchmark it for a week, find out you don't need it, sell it for $220 locally).

You are taking advantage of the price hike, but really, it isn't that bad. Some may complain because they wouldn't do it, but I can't see someone being :angry2: MAD :angry2: