What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HDTach 3.0 and my HDDs.

Patriote

Hey guys!

I just ran a few test of HDTach on my computer and was wondering if you guys would consider these results as normal.

That's the "Long bench (32mb zones)" of my WD RaptorX 150GB (Which has my OS on it) :

HD150X2-C.jpg

And here's a "Long bench (32mb zones)" of my new WD Raptor 150GB :

HD1502-C.jpg

And Finally, here's a "Long bench (32mb zones)" of my WD Caviar 500GB :

HD5002-C.jpg

So what do you guys think? Are those results normal? Is it normal that i get a better Burst speed on my WD Caviar 500GB ?

Thanks!

cadaveca

Banned
ok, so unless each drive is blank...this compare is not accurate. With data on teh drives, you do not know where on the platter teh drive is testing, and ergo, variations are to be expected.

Low-level format the drives, and compare, to be accurate.

Patriote

I am not trying to compare my Raptors m8! If that's what you meant. Basically, i want to know if the Data HDTach gives me is right for a Raptor.

Thanks!

cadaveca

Banned
Like I said, it's completely impossible to know because the data on the drive will affect results. Otherwise, looks a bit slow to me...like somehow driver limited, or something.

Patriote

Oh I see!

Could it be a jumper on the HDD it self that is not at the right place?

And could you explain "Driver limited m8?"

Thanks!

CMetaphor

Quadfather
If you're talking about a jumper on a SATA2 hard drive it's only purpose is to limit you to SATA speeds.... therefore remove it! Also.... They look fairly normal to me.

Chilly

Considering theres still data on the drives, looks fairly normal to me. Try out HDTune as well, another great HD bench tool.

Chilly

Raptor drives don't have jumpers.

But yes I'd say those results could be better for that raptor.

Hum, you sure? I'll hook up a spare 150GB Raptor X thats just laying around right now to see. Actually enaberif, after I test this unused raptor, you just gave me another idea.... I'm gonna see if I have enough spare parts to build a 2nd PC.

enaberif

Hum, you sure? I'll hook up a spare 150GB Raptor X thats just laying around right now to see. Actually enaberif, after I test this unused raptor, you just gave me another idea.... I'm gonna see if I have enough spare parts to build a 2nd PC.

Its not that the speeds aren't good they are pretty good I'm more looking at the read and the major drops.. thats what I'm looking at.

Latest posts