What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Headphone stand

Lysrin

Interesting design but for wired headphones/headsets wouldn't it be putting pressure on wire(s) where they connect to the earcups? That would be a concern in my mind.

neederland

Thanks! The headphones are supported by frustums and cable fall into the indentation. So in the worst-case, if the cable touches the bottom of the stand, the bending angle (between cable/stand interface) will be obtuse.

Lysrin

Thanks! The headphones are supported by frustums and cable fall into the indentation. So in the worst-case, if the cable touches the bottom of the stand, the bending angle (between cable/stand interface) will be obtuse.
Right, but then the cable still has to come up out of the stand cups and drape down over the side. What about a vertical cut or gap in the stand, in the middle even on one side, that would allow the cable to exit the stand parallel to the desk or surface it is sitting on? Not sure if I am describing that well. That would seem a clean option allowing the cable to exit the stand without any strain.

Not sure if you are looking for suggestions! lol Ignore if not.

neederland

Hah, you described this well. I considered this approach. There are two problems with such a solution. The coating process of the foam will be more difficult (and more expensive). Also, different headphones have cables in different places. It is difficult to predict where to put this gap. The strain also depends on the location of the connector concerning the position of this theoretical gap. Current solution works well, the strain is just normal (free hanging cable supported by the foam/enclosure surfaces).

Latest posts

Twitter