What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Headset microphone does not work??

gto-demon

My computer (windows 10) would not pick up audio from my microphone (headset) however will register the headset when I plug it in . I Can hear other people and my music but it will not pick up any voice.
I've tried both the 3.5mm audio jack and USB method and still no luck (tried connecting it directly to the mother board IO and Case IO ).
I've also followed what people are recommending online (granting privacy access, updating driver, uninstalling and reinstalling.).

Headset works on my laptops and other computers. Just not this one.

Anybody have any idea of what is going on and how this can be fixed??

Dwayne

Windows can be a pain. Get into the systems tabs. Did you turn off permission to use the mike in the privacy tab? Can you see it in the sound section of the system tab?

gto-demon

Windows can be a pain. Get into the systems tabs. Did you turn off permission to use the mike in the privacy tab? Can you see it in the sound section of the system tab?
is that what you mean? I mad sure the microphone was granted access

Untitled.png

Dwayne

That's the place for privacy. Can windows see it in the sound tab? And does the app see it? Is the app on the list in privacy?

KaptCrunch

must be your motherboard for work on other systems as you stated.

try red 1/8 for mic also check MB manual for mic connection or bios for some you can turn mic off and choose a suround output

Last edited:

Lysrin

Also check that the recording or mic input is set in Windows to the one you are actually using. May not be an issue if you only have a single audio device, for example your motherboard audio, but can still cause problems.

- Right click on the volume control in the system tray.
- Select "Open Sound Settings"
- Check to see what is set as input and output, and that it matches what you want to use.
- Then on the right side of the Sound Settings, click "Sound Control Panel"
- Check the devices shown in the "Playback" and "Recording" tabs. Make sure the default devices in both tabs are set to what you want to use.
- Then if there are any other devices listed there, I suggest you right click and disable all except the ones you want to use. That tends to minimize conflicts in the future.

gto-demon

Also check that the recording or mic input is set in Windows to the one you are actually using. May not be an issue if you only have a single audio device, for example your motherboard audio, but can still cause problems.

- Right click on the volume control in the system tray.
- Select "Open Sound Settings"
- Check to see what is set as input and output, and that it matches what you want to use.
- Then on the right side of the Sound Settings, click "Sound Control Panel"
- Check the devices shown in the "Playback" and "Recording" tabs. Make sure the default devices in both tabs are set to what you want to use.
- Then if there are any other devices listed there, I suggest you right click and disable all except the ones you want to use. That tends to minimize conflicts in the future.
Nope still not working.
This is the strangest thing ever....

Lysrin

Hmm. Well if all those settings are as you expect them to be, and it works fine in other PCs/laptops, maybe you do have to question the motherboard audio itself?