What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help! Burnt section on mobo

kruzn4evr

I'm not having a good week so far..lol...I was preping to install my 780i for wc when I noticed a small burnt section at the botton left corner close to the SPDIF connector, I guess what I want to know is would affect the rest of how the board works? To top it off I had just installed the back plate for the water block and can't remove it cleanly in order to use it again so now I'll have to order a new sticky pad.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 128

kruzn4evr

I managed to save the back plate so I'm going to clean it up and use the stock hsk and hook it up to test it as best I can to see what happens.

Mibs

Have you been using it all along with this burnt section there? Although having a burnt mobo is not nice, if it was working before it should work now!

kruzn4evr

After some testing and a conversation with an evga tech looks like the board is headed for rma land, so I figured another 4-6 weeks I might have a replacement, oh well, what can ya do.:blarg::whistle:

DarKStar

After some testing and a conversation with an evga tech looks like the board is headed for rma land, so I figured another 4-6 weeks I might have a replacement, oh well, what can ya do.:blarg::whistle:

You're doing the right thing.

you're not the first person I hear with an eVGA motherboard issue involving burnt chips / resistors. I honestly would steer clear from eVGA motherboards, that's me.......

Latest posts