What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help Dealing with a Crook and a Bad Trader!

Nademon

Hey all, as the title states, I need help in pursuing a bad trader and a crook that has stolen my money (and Barbarossa's money). I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or what the process is, so I'm not listing his name here in case that breaks some rules, but I'm at my wits end. I tried contacting a Mod before with full details but received no response so here I am. If I am allowed to post that info here without breaking any rules, please let me know and i'll post up all the info I have on this criminal.

I need to know a few things:

1. Which forum mod do I contact in order to change the iTrader rating to negative. I foolishly gave a positive before testing the card thoroughly and need to change it. Barbarossa will know who I'm talking about as he was ripped off also by this criminal.
  2. What is the legal process for pursuing someone for funds outside of my province? I'm in Ontario and the criminal is in Nova Scotia
  3. Is there anything else I need to do to fulfill my obligation to due process so that I may pursue this matter with the police/authorities?
In short, I purchased a 4870X2 for a friend that wanted me to find him one, paid immediately, got the card and tried it out a few days later (I had very little time) and it booted up and everything seemed fine so I left good feedback. The next day I had a moment to actually try a game on it and boom! Card crapped out as soon a serious graphics load was put on it. I tried every troubleshooting step I could think of, but as soon as I swapped in my own 4870x2, all was well, so card was definitely borked.

Contacted criminal, explained situation and criminal agreed to RMA the card to Palit. I paid over $20 for fast Fedex shipping. Criminal confirmed receipt of card and informed me card was sent out to Palit. All this took place mid to end of Dec 2008.

Sent numerous messages to criminal and he stated Palit had not gotten back to him. Finally get a message on Jan 31/09 from seller saying he would be sending me out a brand new card that week from RMA. Never received the card or heard back despite numerous efforts to contact him. Phone number he gave me has been disconnected too. I waited a while thinking maybe the RMA was still going through (I know it can take a while sometimes). I even spoke with another member of HWC that knows the criminal personally to intervene just last month. Criminal told the member he still had not received the card from Palit, this after more than 6 weeks from his last post stating he was sending a new card.

So, please anyone that can help me pursue this matter, I'd greatly appreciate it! In all we're talking about almost $400 here...not the end of the world, but a significant amount of money. Barbarossa, maybe we can connect and pursue the criminal jointly so you can get your money back too. I despise the fact that this criminal came to HWC and pulled this sort of thing. I hope the criminal will be banned shortly and I am willing to pursue any legal avenue available to me to make the criminal pay up and be penalized.

I think I've done everything properly on my end and have been very patient. If there is somewhere else I should be posting up, please let me know. I'm trying to be as civil and professional as possible, but criminal's make Nademon angry and bring out the shark in him. I smell blood and I want my pound of flesh from the criminal.

BT!

renoracer? i seen barbarossa's comment a while ago when reno first ripped him off. NS eh? maybe him and sniper are the same person?

Nademon

Lol...I'm not saying yes, but i'm not saying no. But let's just say you're pretty quick! Is there a reason you think Sniper is someone other than he claims to be? I've spoken to him before.

Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, please let me know. I didn't mean to post up in the wrong section but didn't see any rules about it.

Nademon

The seller is in Nova Scotia and I'm in Ontario. It's weird because the criminal did actually send me a defective card. i mean he already had my money so why bother? But maybe he wanted to rip off a few more people before he called it quits and that was a good way to string me along.

I'm really adament about pursuing the criminal and anyone else that was complicit in the crime. I think we should make a serious example out of people who come to HWC and pull these stunts. It spoiles the experience for everyone and I've always had a smooth time dealing on HWC. Solid buch of people here. Scammers should stick to RFD or Kijiji or any other forum...not here.

Anyone that wants to join in the fun and has been ripped off, lets team up and get these guys!

Last edited:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
1. You can contact any Mod to change the iTrader rating.
2 & 3: no idea, but you may contact Liu Kang since he's going through the same this with Sniper. And since we are talking about Sniper's friend / collegue...

Moved to Off Topic.

Nademon

Thx 3.0charlie, I appreciate your help. So maybe i'll just shoot you a PM to have the iTrader updated. I was hoping there would be a Scammers/Warnings section added to the site (kind of like RFD has) since there is buying and selling going on here. i'll add that to the site feedback section.

belgolas

Please keep us updated and we will try to help in anyway we can. Personally I think you are right that the person wanted you to RMA the card so he could scam multiple people off of one card and make a quick grand or two.

Nademon

I'm just surprised at this guy because he did have many successful transactions and the buyers were satisfied. Just sucks that he had to wait until be and barbarossa dealt with him to turn to crime! I will definitely keep updating as to the status. I'm just not sure as to what the legal process is, so it'll take some research on my part.

Twitter