What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help Dealing with a Crook and a Bad Trader!

chrisk

Folding Captain
People like this always get whats coming to them. Thankfully, good people outnumber these jerks. This is still the best community on the net.

Lpfan4ever

I hope you get your stuff back. I'm still out of "Tazer's" PSU and my $140, but since your situation is quite a bit more, hopefully RECOL actually does something for you :blarg:

Nademon

@Liu Kang, I'll reply your PM momentarily.

@lpfan, what is the exact username of the member that scammed you? Did you file anything with the RCMP?

I've had many successful trades on HWC and this is by far the best forum and site I've ever been a member of. As for karma, I hope it does even out in the end. I'm used to having scammers and cheats lurking on big for sale forums like RFD and I have always gone above and beyond to make any trades I do super smooth. I would value membership on HWC higher than the few hundred bucks renoracer scammed. I hope there is some way of tracking IP's or MAC addresses that could prevent such people from signing up again under a different name.

Soultribunal

Staff member
@Liu Kang, I'll reply your PM momentarily.

@lpfan, what is the exact username of the member that scammed you? Did you file anything with the RCMP?

I've had many successful trades on HWC and this is by far the best forum and site I've ever been a member of. As for karma, I hope it does even out in the end. I'm used to having scammers and cheats lurking on big for sale forums like RFD and I have always gone above and beyond to make any trades I do super smooth. I would value membership on HWC higher than the few hundred bucks renoracer scammed. I hope there is some way of tracking IP's or MAC addresses that could prevent such people from signing up again under a different name.

Nade man, you're a good guy. It was awsome to meet you to get the 'One'.
Hopefully this can be resolved in some manner or another.
I hate to see a good person get scammed like that :(

ST

Nademon

Thanks ST..much appreciated! I've been to NS and by and large they're fantastic people! It's unfortunate that some people are sullying the reputation of NS. I plan on doing everything in my power to get this resolved. It's not about the money anymore...now it's about the fact that these guys came to my favourite site and messed around! Even if this ends up costing me money, I want the criminals to feel some pain. I'm almost inclined to head out to NS and have a face to face.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Thanks ST..much appreciated! I've been to NS and by and large they're fantastic people! It's unfortunate that some people are sullying the reputation of NS. I plan on doing everything in my power to get this resolved. It's not about the money anymore...now it's about the fact that these guys came to my favourite site and messed around! Even if this ends up costing me money, I want the criminals to feel some pain. I'm almost inclined to head out to NS and have a face to face.

I'll Drive, you bring the Beer.

ST

dataxpert

Banned
When I purchase something on the net I paid with Paypal, and deal only with verify seller , in a case like yours , I will open a dispute as DOA , they will froze the money of the guy, I will return the GPU to the guy , as soon as Paypal will have see my tracking they will have refund me. I know I use it 3 times in last 4 years, and it work all the time. No need for RMA, Repair and tra la la ........ You honestly pay, so if it's not working, give the money back... It's use parts..... Make sure you have a way to get your money back if something turn bad..

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Try all your legal options first. If you get nowhere with them then PM me. I made some calls and the world is not big enough for these scammers.

sswilson

Staff member
Try all your legal options first. If you get nowhere with them then PM me. I made some calls and the world is not big enough for these scammers.

I'm not really sure how to take this post.... almost sounds to me like a veiled threat, and as such will very quickly result in this thread being closed down.

gingerbee

um i think he mean's he knows people in ns is all so they can get in touch . ( i myself have become very addiment about doing any used online deals ) lets just say in the last few weeks my trust in the site has gone down

Latest posts