What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help me find a good mobo

Blu

Can someone help me find a motherboard with a intel NIC built in besides these crappy realtek ones I'm seeing all over :( Thanks. The board will also need atleast two x8 slots.

roh_ultima

Blu

socket/desired chipset would be nice to know...
This didn't really matter as I'm willing to go with any cpu for my file server build, chipset doesn't really matter as well to me. I just want a good solid board that is going to last me hopefully 5+ years.

Thanks ROH_Ultima a nice selection you picked out but there a little expensive, did you happen to see anything on the cheaper side? But yeah If worst comes to worst I'll be buying a good cheap mATX board with a intel 1gbps pci network card.

enaberif

Nothing wrong with realtek onboard. Works just as good as onboard Intel.

Want the best then go dedicated nic.

Blu

Nothing wrong with realtek onboard. Works just as good as onboard Intel.

Want the best then go dedicated nic.
Alot of problems have been posted about realtek nics on the hardware forums. Also good news I just found out. I can fold with my unraid server :D I think I found one good super micro board but I'm so limited by the ram it can use, I've read out of every motherboard a super micro will be the pickiest out of them all...

Perineum

Nothing wrong with Realtek chipset based NICs. They work just fine.

Other NICs are better, but doesn't mean Realtek's are outright crap.

Latest posts