What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help me rebuild my new rig

icepizza

So my current rig is this : GTX 275, Phenom X4 955, 4GB Corsair 1333, OCZ Stealthstream 500W, GA-MA770t, and some crappy Raidmax case. I'm looking to get the 5870x2 when it comes out so what I'm upgrading will be the power supply and the case (I also want to get a good HS for the 955 since it's stock. Any recommendations?) I'm thinking of getting a Seasonic M12D 850W while it's still on sale at NCIX and a HAF 932. Any more suggestions of what to upgrade?

Kayen

Go grab a Hyper 212 .
HAF 932 / 922 / Lancool K62 /case of your choice.
And a corsair / seasonic PSU of your choice that can handle your choice of vid card.
Everything else seems good so far.

clone63

I'm also going to recommend the 212+.
How's OCZ's SleathXStream? Stealthy as it sounds (pun intended)?

icepizza

I'm also going to recommend the 212+.
How's OCZ's SleathXStream? Stealthy as it sounds (pun intended)?
You gave me a good laugh there:rofl: It sure is stealthy but you can hear my heat sink from a 1000 Miles away:whistle: Ok, So I got the Seasonic when it was on sale and will probably be getting a HAF and the 212+ since everyone seems to be recommending that. Will my CPU bottleneck the 5870x2 by any chance? Oh and one more question anyone know when it's coming out? All for now thanks:thumb: *Edit* Oh, I forgot this what kind of thermal paste would you guys recommend? I'm thinking of getting some IC7 Diamond from the HWC shop.

Last edited:

Kayen

Yeah, if it isn't well it's a e8400, so you can over clock it's face off ;D .

icepizza

Thanks for the help everyone. How hard is it to change a heatsink (yes I'm a noob) does anyone know any good guides? I'm thinking of buying the one from NCIX with points.

icepizza

Well.. time to revive this thread. So the 5970 is out now and I'm wondering if it still will fit in a HAF 932. I'll grab a Hyper 212 Plus and try to get a OC going on my 955. Thanks again!

Latest posts