What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help me with new monitor! RAGEEE

D3lit3

Hey, well today I bought the I-inc iH-252HPB 25" and I've been having multiple problems with it that are making me pissed off for no apparent reason.

First one is even though the monitor is 1980x1080, when it's at that resolution these black borders show up around, so it's not taking up the full screen. But when I set it to 1680x1050, it fills up the full screen. Even though it's 1980x1080. How the hell do I fix this??? I'm running 7 and an integated Radeon 3300 GPU, which I installed drivers from.

Second is I'm trying to get the built-in speakers to work, and theoretically sound comes through HDMI, yes? Well I plugged in the monitor cord into the computer (DVI), and into the monitor (HDMI slot). I get no sound, even after install audio drivers.

Please help :sad:

Kilauea

I can't help you about the resolution, but for the sound, well DVI doesn't support sound like HDMI does, that is surely why you do not get sound. Your computer does not output sound through the DVI plug.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I can't help you about the resolution, but for the sound, well DVI doesn't support sound like HDMI does, that is surely why you do not get sound. Your computer does not output sound through the DVI plug.

Check again there bud, hehe. He's using an onboard 3300 which does support audio.

You need to use an ATI DVI to HDMI adapter to get the audio out to work, generic ones or dvi to hdmi cables won't pass the audio signal.

As for the monitor issue, look for GPU scaling options in the catalyst control center?

MacJunky

Did you set the "ATI HDMI Output" as default in the playback tab of the Sound control panel?
I am just guessing though as I have never used my onboard 3300 and do not have any HDMI displays.

D3lit3

Check again there bud, hehe. He's using an onboard 3300 which does support audio.

You need to use an ATI DVI to HDMI adapter to get the audio out to work, generic ones or dvi to hdmi cables won't pass the audio signal.

As for the monitor issue, look for GPU scaling options in the catalyst control center?

If I 'force' 1080p resolution in the CCC (you don't have to force it), the black borders show up. This is bulshit, I bought a Full HD monitor and can't even enable it. Any other ideas? I'm ready to just throw the goddamn thing out.

D3lit3

Did you set the "ATI HDMI Output" as default in the playback tab of the Sound control panel?
I am just guessing though as I have never used my onboard 3300 and do not have any HDMI displays.

Yes, but it says 'Not plugged in'

D3lit3

ASUS M4A78T-E.

EDIT: Fixed it I think! Went to some options, and turned up the overscan. No more black borders. Does this take away from the HD experience though, if you overscan? I don't see any different but I was wondering if there's a loss in quality...?

Last edited:

MacJunky

So.. If that board has onboard HDMI sitting between the optical audio and DVI ports.. why are you using a DVI -> HDMI adapter? What am I missing here?

D3lit3

You mean why don't I use HDMI to HDMI? The monitor only came with DVI>HDMI and VGA>VGA

Latest posts