What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

help needed

NFSRoadsta2786

need help
i got a asus p5n-d mobo
i tried putting in 8gb ddr2 800 (4 x 2gb)
the bios registered 8gb of ram at 800 mhz but when it goes to boot into windows i get the bsod
i googled my problem n saw that the mobo has a problem with 8gb ram at 800 mhz
i wanna know how to get the ram to run at 667 mhz
i wont mind the downclock

this is a gaming pc but i dont play games much i used to and still can play crysis 2 on high settings with only 3gb of ram (all that i had at the time) havent pushed the graphics settings much
def. not the best setup but it works

the current system specs are
Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 stock clock
4gb ram @ 800 mhz
EVGA Geforce GTS 450 FPB (oc specs core clock: 973 Shader clock: 1946 Memory clock: 1804) but i only used that setting once and i only got 1 extra frame -__- so i went back 2 stock
500 watts psu (might do a dual psu setup l8r)
the processor is liquid cooled with the Corsair H50 (Push - Pull set up)

NFSRoadsta2786

i did that but it kept running @ 800mhz
thats y im wondering is someone that has the same mobo as me can give me some pointers

Silent_Avenger

Also did you happen to just hit exit rather than save & exit once you changed the setting in the bios? I know I've done that a couple times by mistake and gone WTF happened to my settings :haha:

NFSRoadsta2786

Have you unlinked the RAM speed?
while i was reading online how to go abt fixing this it said to link the ram (its on auto stock)

Also did you happen to just hit exit rather than save & exit once you changed the setting in the bios? I know I've done that a couple times by mistake and gone WTF happened to my settings :haha:
lol i know wat u mean but i always keep in mind of to wat i did n think b4 i exit if i wanna save or not

Latest posts

Twitter