What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help selecting a cooler for my 1090t

unicorn11

Hi All,

I just picked up an amd phenom II 1090T and need help deciding which cooler would perform better for me the CoolIT ECO ALC or the Corsair h50.

Please some advice pls

ForTheGG

Both are good, I like the H-50 more. The H-50 is easy to use and doesn't weigh 1 kilo. I recommend using 2 fans on it though, preferably ones with high static pressure. Yes, a full WC loop would be better, but it's also 4 times the price of an H-50.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Coolit ECO.

After having played with an H50 and then going to an ECO on build two I can honestly say the ECO is by far the best of these Sealed WC units to work with.

ST

AmuseMe

Please post some pictures of the ECO when you get it - installation too. Do not think there are many people around this forum with the ECO that has put up their own pictures.

Now, I am guessing it is too late, but both of those coolers are easily beat by air-coolers of the same price. However, if you got a good deal on the ECO - then go for it :thumbup: We (the HWC community) see atleast a thread or two per week asking this same question lol. You could have found a dozen answers just going through the first few threads here, and save yourself sometime waiting for an answer.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Please post some pictures of the ECO when you get it - installation too. Do not think there are many people around this forum with the ECO that has put up their own pictures.

Now, I am guessing it is too late, but both of those coolers are easily beat by air-coolers of the same price. However, if you got a good deal on the ECO - then go for it :thumbup: We (the HWC community) see atleast a thread or two per week asking this same question lol. You could have found a dozen answers just going through the first few threads here, and save yourself sometime waiting for an answer.

I could probably do that for you this weekend or early next week if you like.

For some situations they work better than air, for others not so much.

From my personal experience on them, they run warmer at idle and cooler at load than equivelent air cooling solutions (Well, at least the air cooling solutions I have).

ST

AkG

+1 to the ECO. I have two of them. MUCH easier to work with then the H50.

These prebuilts are great for smaller cases or cases which dont have great internal air flow. In that kind of setup they will beat most air coolers out there.
In high air flow situations....they will lose. Sticking one of these prebuilts into a HAF932 / HAF X for example is not a great idea (they will do OK, but not great).

Really does come down to what your setup is and how much fresh air you can throw at the CPU cooler. If you got lots of air movement....get an air based CPU cooling solution such as the CM Hyper 212+, Zalman CNPS 10X Flex, Prolimatech, Noctua D14, Venomous X, Thermaltake Frio or a really nifty looking one the CM V6 GT. ANY of those in a high air flow environment will serve you better. :)

YMMV

Latest posts