What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help? Suggestions for side work & a future.

Izerous

Folding Team
One of the various food app delivery services? I know it would mean wear and tear on your vehicle, but it would give you an "excuse" to go outside for a bit each day which generally is helpful for mental health too. Not sure of the specifics, but I would think you could just do a few deliveries a day when you felt up to it.

Those work on the same basis need to block 3-4 hours at a time

CMetaphor

Quadfather
@JD not bad, but again I don't think the service would allow a flexible-enough schedule for me. My sleep patterns are all over the place, irregular, and often listless. Since covid I'm sometimes only able to sleep after 5-6am for a few hours, then maybe an hour or two after dinner.

TL;DR:
Any service or company is going to require some sort of reliable schedule that I'm not able to provide. I'm a mess.

Izerous

Folding Team
The one thing about the food deliveries is that you get to pick your blocks I think and pickup extra as needed your not scheudled the same way a call center is etc.

JD

Staff member
Those work on the same basis need to block 3-4 hours at a time
Ah didn't know this, but makes sense.
@JD not bad, but again I don't think the service would allow a flexible-enough schedule for me. My sleep patterns are all over the place, irregular, and often listless. Since covid I'm sometimes only able to sleep after 5-6am for a few hours, then maybe an hour or two after dinner.
Could still work, people order food/drinks/desserts at all hours of the day (myself included) ;)

Prickly007

Look up beer money methods of making income.

+1 For survey sites, consistency, NOT honesty, is the key. ;)

Earnings fluctuate, and are lower now than a few years ago. But I made ~$160 Cdn in July, all in five to twenty minute increments.

a Bitcoin broker app on my phone that pays roughly $1-$1.50 a day just to open the app.

Any chance you want to share the name of the app?

supaflyx3

+1 For survey sites, consistency, NOT honesty, is the key. ;)

Earnings fluctuate, and are lower now than a few years ago. But I made ~$160 Cdn in July, all in five to twenty minute increments.

Any chance you want to share the name of the app?
Shakepay. You need to be referred, or refer someone else and purchase $100 of btc in the app. Which is a rather large drawback. Then you shake your phone once a day and get free btc. I've gotten about $220 worth for free in 8 months or so. I usually save up $50 or so and use that to buy amazon gift cards.

KaptCrunch

I.T. from home or dispatching for carrier, food ordering company etc.

don't be shy, shame to waste all the sound engineering equipment / exprience you have.

Can offer your services on local postings for word of mouth travels fast,

good hear to your taking care of depression have faith for things move slow at first, then starting, it will get better. like when was a teenager cutting lawns in summer then sholving snow in winter for neibourghhood, good work speaks volumes

Last edited:

On2wheels

Grocery stores around here have these bulletin boards where people write on cards if they need help or are selling/looking for something. Might be another place to find work or advertise your service locally.

Herne

don't be shy, shame to waste all the sound engineering equipment / experience you have.

Can offer your services on local postings for word of mouth travels fast,
Lots of good advice for multiple sources of income but I would spend a little time on this.
This would be a longer term idea, but it sounds like you need one of those too.

Not sure where you are, but chances are there are lots of people around you looking to set up mobile meetings that have no idea how to achieve that. Chances are if you are here, you know networking, storage and the intertubes at some level; you know sound; and if you don't know video, learn video.
Map out how you would get from where you are to where that is- define an 'offering' with the skillset you have and what you can reasonably get. And maybe it's not this niche, but knowing a useful niche is where the money is. It is also the path to working around your health, working from home, and getting paid for your brains not your hands.

If you are close to large urban centres that might be agencies, if you are not you won't have those but then word of mouth is more effective and there is less competition.