What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help Testing i7 in GVR

SugarJ

Staff member
Had one of those good news/bad news days.

Good news - Picked up my powdercoated case parts and some murdermod case parts for my TJ-07 this afternoon. :clap:

Bad news - got home, walked downstairs to find my computer off and a puddle of water on my mobo. AARGH! :doh::censored::censored::censored: My GTZ tubing leaked.

I'm looking to find someone willing to put my 920 in their mobo to see if it is toast. May as well check the RAM while we're at it. I can almost guarantee the board is dead, seeing as it shorted out and shut down.

Problem #1 - I live in Surrey, but will drive anywhere in the Lower Mainland if you can help me out.

Problem #2 - I'm leaving town early tomorrow for a few days. So I'm really looking for help for next weekend. Post in here, or PM me. I may not respond until I get back.

Really expensive day. Sigh.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
With all the testing we did at Ross's place... remove the GPU, the chip and the sticks, and let all dry out first. It may still just work.

SugarJ

Staff member
With all the testing we did at Ross's place... remove the GPU, the chip and the sticks, and let all dry out first. It may still just work.
Did that, used a heat gun to dry it totally. No joy.

Marcus is selling a X58 mobo...
I saw that, but there's no point if my 920 is toast. I can't afford to buy both a new 920 and a new mobo at this time. Step 1, see if CPU still operational. Step 2, IF CPU = OK, scrounge cash for new mobo. IF CPU = NO GOOD, look for used E8400 for my 775 board.

SugarJ

Staff member
so sorry dude that sucks
Yes, yes it does.

But on the bright side, my GPU, PSU and drives are all tested good, so that's $600 worth of hardware I don't have to replace. I'll get to see how far this E5200 in my HTPC box will OC. And the top grill replacement from murdermods looks awesome in my TJ07. It'll be tough waiting until next weekend to put the rest of the case back together.

Have a nice week everyone. Off to pack.

SugarJ

Staff member
For anyone that helps me out, I've got a P4 3.0 Ghz 775 CPU you can have, or a HD2400 Pro GPU. Your choice.

Latest posts

Twitter