What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help to choose PC Case

yajdem

Hi!

I plan to buy a new computer case.
My config:

ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX
Intel Core i7-6700K
MSI GeForce RTX™ 2080 GAMING X TRIO
Seasonic Prime Ultra 650W Titanium

Which one is the best of these? And why?

- Thermaltake View 71
- Thermaltake Core V51
- Cooler Master H500P Mesh
- Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG SE

Thank you

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
The Coolermaster or the Phanteks would be my choice. Phanteks has very good build quality in my experience.

JD

Staff member
CoolerMaster's "MasterCase" lineup is pretty good quality I've found.

That being said, I don't think any of your 4 choices are bad. They're all decent, it's really more what you like the looks of.

yajdem

The Coolermaster or the Phanteks would be my choice. Phanteks has very good build quality in my experience.

CoolerMaster's "MasterCase" lineup is pretty good quality I've found.

That being said, I don't think any of your 4 choices are bad. They're all decent, it's really more what you like the looks of.

Now I have a Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, i love it.

H500p looks like a toy i think, but not bad. Not so elegant.

TT View 71 is very good.
TT Core V51 is not my style.

In cooling potential are there any difference?

Are you reccoment other case?

The enthoo pro M is closest to my heart right now.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
If I was going to buy a case today, it would be either the Phanteks Evolv X or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic.

Lysrin

If I was going to buy a case today, it would be either the Phanteks Evolv X or the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic.

Those are both very nice cases. Hadn't seen (I don't think?) that Lian Li before and it seems very well priced for what you get.

But that Evolv X... man... that wins me over every time I look at it! :thumb: I love all the covers for things; drives, cable management, etc.

Just a question for yajdem, am I correct in understanding that you already have an Enthoo Luxe? That is already a nice case. Is this change just for fun or is there some requirement the Luxe isn't meeting?

Of the ones you suggested, the Cooler Master H500P would be my least favourite option. Partly the looks just don't appeal to me, that is just a personal choice, but I believe there were some negative points about it in a HardwareCanucks review on YouTube. Here's the link I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bswzX4RoXSk

yajdem

Those are both very nice cases. Hadn't seen (I don't think?) that Lian Li before and it seems very well priced for what you get.

But that Evolv X... man... that wins me over every time I look at it! :thumb: I love all the covers for things; drives, cable management, etc.

Just a question for yajdem, am I correct in understanding that you already have an Enthoo Luxe? That is already a nice case. Is this change just for fun or is there some requirement the Luxe isn't meeting?

Of the ones you suggested, the Cooler Master H500P would be my least favourite option. Partly the looks just don't appeal to me, that is just a personal choice, but I believe there were some negative points about it in a HardwareCanucks review on YouTube. Here's the link I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bswzX4RoXSk

I like the Evov X, but it has a bad cooling potential.
Yes, my current pc case it ther Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, but it has a plate for the 5,25" and 2,5" driver and I don't like it, because it's bothering me.

Because of the opinions I will not buy the H500P.
The Lian Li O11 Dynamic is not good with air cooling.

The phanteks enthoo pro m is a little bit small according to the pictures.

The thermaltake view 71 seems to be the best. Can you offer anything else?

fubar

I don't understand why people like these huge, over weight cases.... is it needed for good cooling? Maybe people like to do some bicep curls with them, I dunno. :)
Edit: I don't mean the Meshify C, btw. I actually like that one.

Latest posts