What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help which Router!

JD

Staff member
Hrmmm... I was going to ask what kinds of speeds as I get 30+ / 10 down with my extreme package on my cisco DPC3825, but I see now that they've got standard packages up to 150, and a "check availability" for 350 Mbps.
Yup, the 150Mbps tier needs 16 downstream channels. The DCM47x and your Cisco model only support 8.

Bond007

A DCM475/6 modem is $100. A decent router is $100-150. I don't think Rogers is really over-charging much (surprisingly) assuming it works decently. I believe this is also the only modem that supports the highest speed tiers from Rogers too as it's capable of more channels for both downstream and upstream.

That being said, people on the Rogers forums seem to have been able to get it for $150.
At $150 its not as unreasonable. Previous post said $249.95.

trayton

GrumpyGeek

This is totally off topic and im sorry. Were you streaming the leafs game and if so what site were you using. I have been looking for a good site but cant seem to find anything that is good

Latest posts

Twitter