What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HELP! Windows won't load, BSOD!

donimo

I tried a VeRY mild overclock (375fsb, 333 stock), but the ram didn't like it I guess (I have done this O/C before with the old ram).

Rebooted during the vista load screen, but now it just loops and loops, giving me the BSOD.

Won't load even off the vista DVD (or xp cd for that matter).

If I detach the c: drive physically it loads off the dvd, but if I have it attached in any way it locks up.

It lockcs up on "crcdisk" if I do the bootlog, and "ntfs.sys" if I use the xp cd.

Everything I have read, and all onscreen help says to load up the vista dvd and do chkdsk /f, but how do I do that if the damn dvd keeps loading off the Hard drive with the problem?

anyone have a ntfs compatible chkdsk I can boot off of?

I have tried the ultimate boot cd, but cant get it to work (the chkdsk prog is in german....)

Shadowmeph

I tried a VeRY mild overclock (375fsb, 333 stock), but the ram didn't like it I guess (I have done this O/C before with the old ram).

Rebooted during the vista load screen, but now it just loops and loops, giving me the BSOD.

Won't load even off the vista DVD (or xp cd for that matter).

If I detach the c: drive physically it loads off the dvd, but if I have it attached in any way it locks up.

It lockcs up on "crcdisk" if I do the bootlog, and "ntfs.sys" if I use the xp cd.

Everything I have read, and all onscreen help says to load up the vista dvd and do chkdsk /f, but how do I do that if the damn dvd keeps loading off the Hard drive with the problem?

anyone have a ntfs compatible chkdsk I can boot off of?

I have tried the ultimate boot cd, but cant get it to work (the chkdsk prog is in german....)

Did you set everything back to default after your OC failure?

donimo

STOP: 0X00000024 (0X001904AB, 0X8658F89C, 0X8658F5CC, 0X8588448F)

**** NTFS.SYS ADDRESS BAS AT 8586A000 DATESTAMP 4549ACEB

THIS IS WITH THE VISTA DISK, IT ALSO TELLS ME TO RUN CHKDSK/F BUT HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT IF THE STUPID DISK WONT LOAD? thanks vista

sorry about the caps:sad:

donimo

yes

if I unhook the drive, it loads the dvd just fine, but then I cant run chkdsk because the stupid drive isnt hooked up, argh!

is there a way to force it to load on the 2nd hard drive and not the one with the problem?

qwerty

I haven't played with Vista as of yet but you on previous Windows versons you cannot simply boot to another hard disk on your system without that specific windows version being installed on such.

If I had an Xp CD I might be tempted to do the same thing on Xp to see if the same problem was on Xp as it appears to on Vista. At least then you can start to eliminate problems and/or solutions.

EDIT - Yeah I am one of those wierdos that believes that Windows 2000 pro is one of the best OS's they ever built...lol.

Last edited:

donimo

xp disk does the same thing with a slightly different BSOD, still refers to NTFS.sys though...

ARRGH, WTF!

Anybody have a checkdsk util I can boot off off a cd?

enaberif

Question:

Are these sata drives or are they ide drives?
If they are sata are they setup as AHCI or standard SATA?

Latest posts