What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help with $700 PC build

clshades

I second the intel with onboard gpu. There's no point in even considering upgrading this for gaming later. Budget is way too low. Anything beyond 2 monitors is automatically a video card which puts you beyond your budget, unless buying a high end used video card from 5+ years ago.
Or prebuilts;

How many monitors are you trying to run anyway?

Last edited:

Solace

Buy CPU/RAM/CASE/NVMe used, buy PSU/MOBO new. 20-40% in savings low risk of defective parts. Also way more viable given the budget, 13 years later the cost of your build is the price of one item now adays, I used to have ultra value budget builds in the past getting 2cnd/3rd gen hardware second hand aside from mobo/PSU since people abuse them and the build quality back then was worse than now. Pick an older intel or ryzen generation and just build around that.

ps case new is an option for some super budget ATX case for 40-60$ though many people combo them with other items.

draemn

I second the intel with onboard gpu. There's no point in even considering upgrading this for gaming later. Budget is way too low. Anything beyond 2 monitors is automatically a video card which puts you beyond your budget, unless buying a high end used video card from 5+ years ago.
Or prebuilts;

How many monitors are you trying to run anyway?
Why not an AMD APU? Like the 3200g

MARSTG

Used corporate Intel systems are a lot more abundant and thus cheaper than the AMD systems.

moocow

My friend just picked up a i5-7500T HP 400 SFF machine for $200 in Vancouver. Hell of a steal so keep an eye out. I wouldn't go for a SFF format machine and would take Marstg's suggest and find an old corporate tower that you can jam in a GPU later or switch case and PSU later.

MARSTG

My new system, the one underneath the TV, installing windows 10 from USB drive. Lenovo M910q Tiny : i5-6500T, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB NVME SSD, 2 Display Ports + 1 HDMI, 6 x USB 3.0 ports, integrated wifi + Bluetooth for around 300 CAD. Super quiet, windows 10 pro license, all the necessary hardware for a workstation aimed at teaching. At startup is the Lenovo logo that takes more than the windows boot times. The SSD is an OEM drive, a Toshiba XG6 256 GB that i picked on ebay from Ontario for 50 cad shipped. It does 3 GB/s reads and 1.5 GB/s writes.
IMG_20210311_111651.jpgxg6.jpg

MARSTG

I find refurb.io a bit overpriced for the selection they offer. Blind center of Nevada has better prices and is worth even with the import charges NV .

Latest posts

Twitter