What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Help with folding

trayton

Alright I was doing not to shabby folding during the contest then I changed hardware reinstalled drivers :
CUDA 2.2

CUDA Driver: NVIDIA Driver for Windows Vista 64-bit 185.85

I thought I had to have the above driver before this one I was using the 2.1 CUDA Drivers.

I admit I havn't attempted to reinstall them (the 2.1 drivers)

My computers would lag so much that they were unusable while folding even if just trying to browse websites (my wife uses facebook etc...)

I want to fold but the machines definietly have to be usable to do browsing and other basic tasks I understand I will have to pause it in most cases when doing any sort of gaming which is fine.

Another issue was with those drivers my games would sometimes freeze or crash (but I could tab out and then back in usually and it would work again. L4D, CS:S, X-Men Origins etc...

Computers shouldn't be a problem see the 1,2,3 comp (4th I don't use its soon to be sold) That is a difference too though as the computers I was using were 9950, 9850, Q6600!

So my question is how do I install properly with no issues? Do I have to use the CUDA Drivers or can I just get the :
GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL Version: 185.85 Release Date: May 06, 2009 Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit Language: U.S. English File Size: 99.1 MB

And use those for folding or must I have the CUDA drivers?

Thanks in advance I just want to start folding again.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Reboot in Safe mode, use Driver cleaner to erase any remnants of the old drivers.
Reboot, install the latest (185.85s?) - CUDA is always part of the package. No need to install it seperately.

hertz9753

Uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Reboot in Safe mode, use Driver cleaner to erase any remnants of the old drivers.
Reboot, install the latest (185.85s?) - CUDA is always part of the package. No need to install it seperately.
I never thought about booting into safe mode to clean out the old drivers. Thank you for the tip.