What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Heres my planned build, does everything look ok.

magictorch

looks good but..

Nice system but:

I agree with the idea of waiting a few more weeks for the GPU' ---you may find that you'll need the extra power down the road.

Plus if you want to watercool at some point with a different chip- the Cosmos seems to be a great case..

RiTarDid

I disagree; keep the lite-on. My last lite-on has burned over 500 dvd videos over 4 years and is still running strong in my kids' comp. It's true, some of the models have not been great, but I've had good luck with them and the price is solid.

shanty140

LOL I know I know. Well actually I am not looking at them yet, just look at the emails that there sending me. So far, price match has been accepted, and payment has been verified. I will probably get my video card from a computer store near me called B-Com once my parts come in and I have the build done except the video card. You should know the store Eldonko as they have one in Calgary to. There prices are pretty good on certain things.

Robscix

..Your not going to buy a good soundcard so you have the best sound in your games and everything else? This system will probably play games really good once you decide on a GPU....don't ruin the experience of a new PC with bad sound!!
Get a soundcard. -correction, get a GOOD soundcard.

RiTarDid

I've never once added on a soundcard, using onboard offerings....just got the maximus extreme and I cannot believe the difference. The supreme fx II (included) sound so amazing compared to anything I've used before....I'll be adding on decent soundcards to all my media/gaming machines from now on as well.

Robscix

..Isn't the The supreme fx II just a onboard with a riser/extension card, this card cannot be used on another mobo right? No matter how good onboards sound they still cannot compare with the latest in PC audio add-in cards. Not even close. Usually people who use onboards are totally blown away when they hear the quality produced by a good add-in card. ANyway, not trying to change the subject But long story short -Get a soundcard for your new rig.

shanty140

Ya I was planning on getting a sound card but right now I am using a $50 sound system because the one I had with my last computer is shot. So I don't even know if it's worth it getting a good sound card when my sound system I am having to use at the moment. But is there a good sound for the money that if I were to buy one. I don't really know much about sound cards to be honest.

shanty140

Well mostly everything has shipped. The Power Supply I guess is out of stock, which is weird because it said it was in stock when I ordered it. And whats even weirder is the item that was out of stock shipped. LOL

Latest posts