What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Herman Miller Wants To Make Gaming Chairs

Izerous

Folding Team
I kind of viewed the Triigger chairs as the closest equivalent of what a company like HM might make. They sure had the price tag of one. Interesting to see something official.

Mr. Friendly

well, HM are out of the budget of most people...so I can only see sponsored players buying these or eSport events rolling them out for all the contestant.

/me goes to work on figuring out how to add casters to his Ikea Poang...

Izerous

Folding Team
/me goes to work on figuring out how to add casters to his Ikea Poang...

If I was honestly about to attempt that...
Princess auto buy 4 small casters secure to wood frame, might need to re-enforce with 1x3 strips to make sure there is enough material to screw into so it doesn't tear out sideways when you hit something on the floor or roll on something with more resistance like carpet.

mGz

I don't understand this decision by HM. The target demographic for "gaming chairs" tends to be kids-teens between ages 12-16. I highly doubt parents would be willing to spend $1000 > on a chair.

Mr. Friendly

I don't understand this decision by HM. The target demographic for "gaming chairs" tends to be kids-teens between ages 12-16. I highly doubt parents would be willing to spend $1000 > on a chair.
because it's not just a gaming chair...it's partnered with eSports, so the gamers that makes tens of thousands or millions will be buying them. it's the new iPhone...OMG, A HM CHAIR, WAAANTZ!

Reactions: mGz

mGz

because it's not just a gaming chair...it's partnered with eSports, so the gamers that makes tens of thousands or millions will be buying them. it's the new iPhone...OMG, A HM CHAIR, WAAANTZ!

I'll be curious to see what HM names these new chairs. I have noticed more popular streamers sitting in Aerons than dxracers these days so there's that.

The market for them is going to be incredibly niche regardless.

Izerous

Folding Team

As I mentioned the Triigger line kinda already sits in this space
Triigger 350 non-se = $1000

Special edition w/ headrest and such climbed closer to $1400, and the 275 appears to still be in the $800 range so there is a market for this kind of stuff since vertagear doesn't appear to be out of business.

June 2016 "Vertagear wants to be the Herman Miller of gaming chairs"

Actually just remembered there was a HWC video done on them

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I'll be curious to see what HM names these new chairs. I have noticed more popular streamers sitting in Aerons than dxracers these days so there's that.

Its funny you mention this, because I've noticed the resale value on Aerons and their ilk (Embody) have skyrocketed in the last six months. I bought two (one for home and one for the office) for $500 combined this spring, which was a great deal. Usually I saw them in the 300-350 range.

I cannot find a used one in Calgary or Edmonton for less than 450 now, with a few floating in/around 550-600!

I had wondered what the reason was, would seem your comment lends me to believe popularity of streamers has increased demand.

Reactions: mGz

Latest posts

Twitter