What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

HEXUS has Crysis—DX10 hands-on

Supergrover

Up in the Electronic Arts offices here at Games Convention 2007, the Crytek boys were in full flow showing off their highly anticipated shooter, Crysis.

One of the big question marks raised over Crysis has been why aren’t we seeing the game in its full DX10 glory rather than the DX9 versions we’ve had so far? As has been reported, sometimes gleefully, elsewhere on the net, Crytek have been having issues with getting a stable version running due to driver difficulties.

But I’m pleased to say that these have now been sorted and Crysis is looking almost as sexy as Kiera Knightley on a waterbed wearing nothing but a knowing smile… no, really, it’s seriously sexy.

More @ HEXUS

mo' power

WOOOHOOO!!!!:clap: We have an official release date for Crysis! According to the Electronic Arts Crysis website, Crysis will be in stores on Nov. 16/07. No word yet whether it will be released on Steam yet or not. I hope it is. I have about 80 days to get some hardware upgrades in place.:doh: Looks like I'll be substituting steak for spam, loading up on KD and drinking Lakeport instead of Keith's.:sad:

EA : Crysis: Home

enaberif

hahaha I already got a e6600 and gonna pair it with some crucial and a commando. Its saving up for the ultra thats gonna be tough!

But maybe by November G9 cards will be out :chin scratch:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
After being seriously owned by 2K games and Take Two Interactive with Bioshock, I am setting myself up for massive disappointment for this game as well. This wouldn't be the first time EA has messed up a promising title....

All I want in this game is either a built-in benchmarking utility or a timedemo generator.

BMWDriver

Boy, this reminds me of the FarCry breakthrough: nice graphics in an exotic setting, totally opened levels (mostly). It was quite a breakthrough and I was happy with my 9600 Pro's performance coupled to my AMD XP 2600+ Barton Core. I'm actually re-playing it again for the nth time, but with HDR this time around.

This time I will pass and go for patience. I don't quite mind being 2-3 years behind, especially since I put a lot of money lately. My wallet won't mind either, and it will nevertheless be exciting to see how technology evolves. Especially with all the controversy around DX10 and Vista, I think my patience will pay off nicely.

My next purchase will likely be Halo (20$), yes the first one, which I have not played. The demo had not impressed me much, but a friend told me how intense it gets. Maybe once I'm done with Sam Fisher (Splinter Cel - Chaos Theory) which I bought a couple weeks back (12$). I play a lot less lately.

Twitter