What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hey do you guys need another GeForce RTX 2080 Thread?

belgolas

From what I can see, the lowest priced 1080 Ti currently on PC Partpicker is a Gigabyte Windforce OC for $870. When it was released in April 2017 it was around $980. It fell slightly to around $900. And then climbed and fell. I don't think you can find an $800 Ti even today.

The prices asked today are high, and people are ticked off, but when you go back and read the reviews for the flagship x80 cards you will find a similar thread of high prices on release.

I bought my Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme fro $985.40 plus tax and shipping. That is a HUGE difference compared to the $1,594.99 RTX 2080 Ti AMP (non extreme).... Nvidia can **** off. They have pissed me off enough to consider switching my monitor and to whatever future AMD GPU comes out.

I will not ever buy at that price. How I have almost always done it to justify buying the latest and greatest GPU was to sell my old one for half the price of the new one. Paying $3-500 a year was what I am willing to do. Now selling my 1080 Ti will only cover a third of the cost and STILL COST MORE THAN MY 1080 Ti.....

Dwayne

I bought my Zotac GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme fro $985.40 plus tax and shipping. That is a HUGE difference compared to the $1,594.99 RTX 2080 Ti AMP (non extreme).... Nvidia can **** off. They have pissed me off enough to consider switching my monitor and to whatever future AMD GPU comes out.

I will not ever buy at that price. How I have almost always done it to justify buying the latest and greatest GPU was to sell my old one for half the price of the new one. Paying $3-500 a year was what I am willing to do. Now selling my 1080 Ti will only cover a third of the cost and STILL COST MORE THAN MY 1080 Ti.....

Then don't buy one. I don't think I'll buy one at that price either. I imagine the price will come down eventually. Either the 10xx series will be all sold out or AMD might release something worthwhile at a price that is competitive.

mikjames

Yeah those bastards, capitalizing to pay their employees based on market demand...they should just give us RTX for free, and we can build our gaming pc's in mud huts while burning our poop for warmth...capitalism is so overrated :whistle:

It's new tech, like vr or tessellation back in the day, if you buy them it's because you're an early adopter funding r&d. The only puzzling thing would be if they drop the gtx line entirely. My guess is that they will drop prices on the gtx line (relative to the insanely inflated prices anyways), and they'll sell the RTX as a premium line.

Benchmarks indicate the RTX cards simply aren't powerful enough to be a viable replacement for GTX at the proposed prices. Sure ray tracing is fancy new tech, but the new cards aren't powerful enough to do it properly at high frame rates. It's basically a proof of concept, like enb series, or trying to hack shadows into ES Oblivion's engine that don't behave like flickery schizo lunatics...thanks shademe :thumb:

Last edited:

Lysrin

Yeah those bastards, capitalizing to pay their employees based on market demand...they should just give us RTX for free, and we can build our gaming pc's in mud huts while burning our poop for warmth...capitalism is so overrated :whistle:

It's new tech, like vr or tessellation back in the day, if you buy them it's because you're an early adopter funding r&d. The only puzzling thing would be if they drop the gtx line entirely. My guess is that they will drop prices on the gtx line (relative to the insanely inflated prices anyways), and they'll sell the RTX as a premium line.

OK... I'll admit it. That made me chuckle :biggrin:

Mr. Friendly

deal...in the sense that there is limited availability and some people just must have on release day. so post and let others know they 'can' get one...

belgolas

Benchmarks indicate the RTX cards simply aren't powerful enough to be a viable replacement for GTX at the proposed prices. Sure ray tracing is fancy new tech, but the new cards aren't powerful enough to do it properly at high frame rates. It's basically a proof of concept, like enb series, or trying to hack shadows into ES Oblivion's engine that don't behave like flickery schizo lunatics...thanks shademe :thumb:

It has been a long time since Nvidia has done a massive price increase. Your argument for early adoption does not make sense because that hasn't happened for most of GPU history. I am not arguing for free RTX GPUs. All I want is a reasonable price. As a consumer you should be pissed. I can't understand how anybody wouldn't be pissed. It just boggles my mind that anyone can defend the massive price increase. As I said before and in other threads I am completely fine paying a reasonable price. If these cards came in at $1000 CAD after taxes I would day 1 buy the RTX 2080 Ti. I truly hope Nvidia doesn't sell many of these cards because if they do you can be guaranteed that this will be the new norm.

The only Nvidia GPU series this reminds me of is the 8800 Ultra but that at least provided a nice performance boost but was too expensive for me.

Beside we still don't know much of these RTX GPUs. We don't know performance details and we don't know much about their real time ray tracing. I don't like the rumors that it is too demanding that it limits you to 1080p. So why the heck are people preordering till they are sold out is beyond me. Although we don't know how many cards are available for preorder so this could be just about increasing hype. Who knows.

Anyways I am pissed and you should be too if you have half a brain.