What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

High Ram usage at idle

Bond007

That picture is not very helpful. Can you post a picture of what is using the ram (performance tab sorted by ram usage). How much ram do you have?

JD

Staff member
How about the "Details" tab sorted by Memory?

Your 1st screenshot of the user account using 1.6GB seems normal. Likewise your 2nd screenshot showing all the processes under your user account seems fine too.

My guess is you have some system service consuming all the memory. My initial guess would be a SQL server instance, otherwise possibly something with a memory leak, or maybe even malware.

Aspire

How about the "Details" tab sorted by Memory?

Your 1st screenshot of the user account using 1.6GB seems normal. Likewise your 2nd screenshot showing all the processes under your user account seems fine too.

My guess is you have some system service consuming all the memory. My initial guess would be a SQL server instance, otherwise possibly something with a memory leak, or maybe even malware.
i don't run servers at all, not on this machine. i thought malware, and ill try bytes again, but im pretty sure it made no difference last time i tried it.

Aspire

I restarted the machine last night, so i could actually game without massive frame drops. When restarted, it hovers at ~10gb free, with 6gb used(5 chrome tabs open, 4 gaming centers, skype, discord, etc). this problem only happens once in a while, but its dam right frustrating. Reinstalled Graphics drivers before i restarted as well, as a friend said that might be whats causing it. when i have more evidence, i will post it.

Latest posts

Twitter