What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hmmmm SMP Woes

Soultribunal

Staff member
Well, after following all the directions on FAH website I have been unable to get my SMP clients to run.
It installs, I set the password info on them, and then try and run it, I get a black screen(windowed) for 1 second and then nothing.

Am I missing something here?

ST

LCB001

Well, after following all the directions on FAH website I have been unable to get my SMP clients to run.
It installs, I set the password info on them, and then try and run it, I get a black screen(windowed) for 1 second and then nothing.

ST
Yup, remember you're dealing with Stanford here. You forgot to read the fine print at the bottom that says they can't be bothered to include the core update in the official installer.

Here's the drop in binary ; http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/folding/windows/[email protected]

Sagath

Staff member

ST
Why are you running SMP? I assume you've got the 260 folding fine, and you're talking about the CPU client?

Grab VMware, and get folding via VM. Forget that SMP stuff. Check the VM thread we have stickied.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yup, remember you're dealing with Stanford here. You forgot to read the fine print at the bottom that says they can't be bothered to include the core update in the official installer.

Here's the drop in binary ; http://www.stanford.edu/~kasson/folding/windows/[email protected]

Yeah that fixed it right off the hop LCB001! Thank you so much, I thought I was missing something for sure!

And yes, I will eventually get VM ware guys, one thing at a time.

ST

Perineum

I started off doing the VM first, then tried the SMP.

I saw the little file that LCB was talking about, and installed it. I would get the double echo....

However I would never get any more than 50% cpu usage.

The install takes longer than VM as well

VM really is the easiest way, it just looks more intimidating.

Latest posts

Twitter