What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Holy High Temps!

ImmaPC

Are you sure that 12x multi thing is not just SpeedStep kicking in? Keep your undervolt but try loading the CPU and see if it stays at 12x multiplier.

What do you mean by loading the CPU? SpeedStep would only downclock it by 133mhz using one less multiplier step.

I'll try realtemp in a sec. I powered down and vacuumed out the heatsink since there was a bit of dust buildup (NOT alot...Just to see if there's any significant drop) and now my fcking thing wont boot! :angry2: I DIDNT DO ANYTHING!!!

gingerbee

EIST/speedstpe will take your mulity from 12 to 20/21 with turbo on when the cpu is not doing anything. your bclk will not change it is 133mhz all the time unless you overclock it's your mulity that will change not your base clock.
what he is saying is run enough instants of prime95 to load up all threads to there max

ImmaPC

Oh like load the CPU...SNAP lol how did I not get that, TYVM!

Now if only the thing would start up...

gingerbee

let it cool and clear cmos if it won't start once it does check temp and check when you load the cpu up that it goes from 1.6 to 2.6 that eist and your multi should go from 12 to 20
but temps at those range it might be throttling

ImmaPC

Cool, it started up. I'm gonna prime95 it for a couple of hours. Right now (P95 is not running) the multi is at 20. But it's under virtually no load. Funny, no?

ImmaPC

Hokay, Prime95 has been on for 2 minutes now and temps have ROCKETED to 100C+. I'm absolutely, positively sure that the CPU is seated right, and that the cooler is on right. No errors or anything so far though :p

Latest posts