What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hooray! Cdma High Speed For Babs!!!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I have the shaw nitro package. 25mbs! I can download a 16gb file in 40 minutes. divx movies take about 3.

~hugs his modem~

magictorch

thast good stuff

Im glad they have some decent options for more remote areas now. Dialup is painful to use.
My DSL Aliant deal in NS, which is not as fast, is $44 per month so thats not too shabby.

Although Im sure there are cheaper options. Can you do the whole internet phone thing with that too?

MacJunky

Thanks guys- Bell/aliant sells them-
Really? might they have any decent coverage outside the town of Creston here in BC?
It's great- now it won't take me a half hour to visit web sites (my dialup only ran at 26.6KBPS)- I can actually post some news stories without it taking me hours, literally.
That is nothing, before I had a 56k modem or a 802.11G card for my PowerBook I was using an external serial SupraExpress 144 Plus if I took my PowerBook anywhere out of the computer room. I actually used it fairly frequently as I liked to take my PowerBook to my bedroom, living room and kitchen with me. But yea, then I got an internal 56k modem for it's dedi modem slot and later an 802.11G PCCard for one of it's two CardBus slots. Now I only use my 14.4 serial modems(that is right, I have multiple) with my 1986-1995 hardware without ethernet or I use them with one of my other Macs acting as a LocalTalk to Ethernet gateway to get them on the network with an internet connection. :p

Last edited:

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
This is the link for we new brunswickers, but it gives you an idea of the products- they have an express card for laptops or USB cards for desktops- they're essentially mobile phones without buttons and speakers. As you can see the data rates are pricey unless you do the 3 year contract and get unlimited data for 75/month- the maddening thing is that they're still charging me 2 dollars for a 911 fee.
Aliant For Business - Internet & E-mail

They also have coverage maps on the site somewhere- so if you're in Bell territory, they probably have coverage maps for you too, but it works anywhere there is cellular coverage- it'as just a little faster where there is ev-do coverage.

omgwtf

Here in mtl 25/1 is available for 44bucks.. 50mbps are available also but hell i don't need that speed.