What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hooray! Cdma High Speed For Babs!!!

omgwtf

The 24mbps are available in St Laurent where I live (that's not really downtown from what I know)..the 50 I'm not sure..
gosansfil.com a guy from dslreports is with them and I think he'll post some impressions later on...

sswilson

Staff member
Great to hear that you're finally gonna be able to join the 21'st century Babs!!!

I actually don't think the $75 / month is all that bad of a deal for unlimited dl/ul anywhere a cell phone would be able to connect.

I remember the horror stories of folks who used their cell phones for data transfer without reading the fine print about how much it cost / minute or / meg of dl/ul.

DaleF

What're the speeds actually like? I know my cell phone only tests to about 2Mb/s in a speedtest.

BALISTX

My Dad is out in Neguac, NB and well they can't get highspeed out there, so I should tell him about this. He maybe interested in it.

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
I haven't done a speed test, but it's advertised as around 3.2MBpS download and 1.5MBpS download- you'll get those speeds if you are in ev-do coverage (I am)- but it isn't that much slower out of the ev-do zone provided you have decent cellular coverage.

DaleF

I'd be very surprised if you can get those speeds off of it. A quick search says that people are getting stuff more like 600-700kb/s off of it. So it's decent but not quite HSDPA. It's still better than nothing though (and faster than my connection right now).

Babrbarossa

Website
www.unbf.ca
Just in case some random person finds thread through google- I don't want it to serve as advertising for Aliant because they suck.

I have started another thread to rant about this but for the record, they (Aliant) have informed me that my "unlimited usage" package is not in fact unlimited and that they are cancelling my contract and making me pay by the Gigabyte $60 for the first, and $1 per MB after that- so if I end up using 2GB, my bill will be $1060 for the month! nice.

Sorry for spreading my rant to another thread, but I didn't want this thread out there lauding Aliant's crappy service without the full story.

Thund3rball

Congrats Babs!

Since we were on this topic I did a speed test. I got about 5100 kb/s down. Then I ran the TCP optimizer and tested again. I got 26,000 kb/s down O.O I am only paying for 10,000 kb/s... how is this possible? Not that I am complaining. And still only 479 kb/s up though :\

Latest posts

Twitter