What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
170$ for a amazingly small barebone. Toss in a Ryzen 2200G/3200G+, some ram and an nvme drive (or two), and you've got a great powerful micro PC. Capable of light gaming easily and smaller than anything else similar.

ASRock DESKMINI A300W AMD Socket AM4 AMD A300 1 x HDMI Barebone System https://www.newegg.ca/product/N82E16856158064?ignorebbr=1&m_ver=1
For some reason that link isn't working....

Pretty cool, and relatively inexpensive when you consider it's case/motherboard/PSU.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
For some reason that link isn't working....

Pretty cool, and relatively inexpensive when you consider it's case/motherboard/PSU.
Yeah that's what I thought too. Considering how powerful a 2200g/3200g is, you could make one hell of a tiny entry-level gamer with it.

Thx for fixing the link btw. For some reason when i use the Newegg app and then share -> copy link to clipboard then paste in the url option here, it doesn't seem to like it. Don't know why.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
It looked like it might be an affiliate / referenced link of some kind? I basically dropped a copy of the URL into a browser window (because linking wasn't working) and it came up with google search results which showed the newegg url as the first option.....

But yeah... if I was in the market for a new gym room PC (spotify, youtube. kodi, plane9 ) it'd be a perfect replacement for my current off-lease 4'th gen i3 + GTX 1030 (onboard doesn't have quite enough grunt to run plane9 well).

ASRock seems to be the manufacturer who's willing to put out some decent small board AMD kit. That's where I managed to find a FM2 mITX board from many moons ago. (Had to source it through Tiger Direct though... nobody else in NA was carrying stock).

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Isn't it a bit much power for that though? The price is certainly right... but couldn't PFsense get along just fine with an i3 (or equivalent) and onboard vid?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Isn't it a bit much power for that though? The price is certainly right... but couldn't PFsense get along just fine with an i3 (or equivalent) and onboard vid?
Probably, but the price is right, and I have the correct spare parts to make this build work. Would be about $360 for the build (with a 3200g) with a chance at a 40 rebate.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Gotcha.... yeah well priced especially if you've already got the spare parts kicking around at home, and who knows... maybe it'll be promoted to an HTPC at some point.... :)

Latest posts

Twitter