What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

Entz

Given the usual markup on computer parts I would think so. Could of been a rebate to clear stock given its an older model. or something meant for warehouse deals. but my guess is the wrong SKU got updated.

sswilson

Staff member
wonder if it was a typo...
Given the usual markup on computer parts I would think so. Could of been a rebate to clear stock given its an older model. or something meant for warehouse deals. but my guess is the wrong SKU got updated.

indeed...that platform is quite old now.
I doubt it was a typo, the price was 33% off of a $90(ish) regular price which sounds about right for really old asrock stock of this type.

What I suspect happened was that they sold out all of the old stock at the sale price and then the new stupidly high price (for what it is) was then applied to new stock with the price being set by their algorithm based on the high volume/short time sales in the last "week".

Entz

Yeah could of been. I didn't really look who the original seller was. If it was sold by Amazon for example they would of sold out and the gouger pricing is the new "current" one. Happens often, you need to double/triple check when you go to checkout.

Lysrin

I'm not actually sure if this is a hot deal because there are mixed opinions on here about Intel SSDs, but thought I would post anyway. Back in 2018 Anandtech gave it a recommended rating.

Last edited by a moderator:

sswilson

Staff member
I'm not actually sure if this is a hot deal because there are mixed opinions on here about Intel SSDs, but thought I would post anyway. Back in 2018 Anandtech gave it a recommended rating.

Your link wasn't working for some reason so I edited in one that works... :)

sswilson

Staff member
I don't bother using the "insert link" function, I just copy/paste the link and it works....

In the recent edit, I believe the link he posted had a ton of extra crap added to it... I just went to the newegg source and cut/paste from there.

Lysrin

I don't bother using the "insert link" function, I just copy/paste the link and it works....

In the recent edit, I believe the link he posted had a ton of extra crap added to it... I just went to the newegg source and cut/paste from there.
I've used the insert link without problems before (or at least without problems that people mentioned), but it was likely the extra crap. My bad. That was a link from a link iirc; email from Newegg likely. Should have cleaned it up but it did work from the preview.

Lysrin