What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

Bond007

Memory Express - Intel 9900K

On sale at MemEx for $529.99, assuming they're clearing out the old inventory. I'm really debating if this is enough of a deal to make me upgrade the 4790K or if I can hold on until fall for the Ryzen 4000 series.
A good deal if that is the cpu you want. Personally, if you have waited this long for an upgrade I would wait for Ryzen 4000.

Izerous

Folding Team
Raided NVMe drives it makes a difference since 2-3 stripped drives can easily saturate the available bandwidth of 3.0...

Mr. Friendly

Raided NVMe drives it makes a difference since 2-3 stripped drives can easily saturate the available bandwidth of 3.0...
are you talking in RAID 0 or RAID 5?

for the sake of illustration, in RAID 0, you're saying that you can choke the 11K Mb/s bandwidth available that three PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes provide? if you're moving that much data, wouldn't the very same thing happen to PCIe 4.0 lanes as well? would it not just spool up the transfer speed until it hits the max usable bandwidth? granted, it would move that amount of data from point a to point b faster...but the saturation comment is a funny way to say it. hee hee! ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
are you talking in RAID 0 or RAID 5?

for the sake of illustration, in RAID 0, you're saying that you can choke the 11K Mb/s bandwidth available that three PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes provide? if you're moving that much data, wouldn't the very same thing happen to PCIe 4.0 lanes as well? would it not just spool up the transfer speed until it hits the max usable bandwidth? granted, it would move that amount of data from point a to point b faster...but the saturation comment is a funny way to say it. hee hee! ;)
Raid 0, no parity all speed. Living life on the edge. I just recall a review from a few years back with NVMe raid 0 on one of the first boards that supported 3 NVMe drives. Transfer speeds Raid 0 / 2 disks Radi 0 / 3 disks was nearly identical and it was bottle necked by the available bandwidth of the pcie lanes.

Mr. Friendly

Raid 0, no parity all speed. Living life on the edge. I just recall a review from a few years back with NVMe raid 0 on one of the first boards that supported 3 NVMe drives. Transfer speeds Raid 0 / 2 disks Radi 0 / 3 disks was nearly identical and it was bottle necked by the available bandwidth of the pcie lanes.
yes. that's what's cool about SSD's...in RAID, the real world performance is generally to whatever their spec is. not the 10% boost you got with HDD. ;)

Latest posts

Twitter