What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Under $10 is more than reasonable. The price seems decent enough as well (considering it claims to be a true sine unit) but it does seem a little under powered for a tower unit.

JD

Staff member
If it's for your gaming rig, 1000VA probably isn't really enough, you'd likely want 1500VA at least. 100VA should be enough to allow shutdown if your PC is idle though, but if you're in the middle of a game, probably not.

Izerous

Folding Team
1500VA is the largest you can get on a 15A circuit, and it is how large I'd suggest you go for a primary machine. Longer run times, more resilient to power draw.

1500VA will start throwing alarms at around 1.1kW draw.
1000VA I'd imagine would happen much lower.

Lysrin

Thanks all! I was thinking that one might be a bit small for my main PC; figured you guys would confirm. The larger one is on sale too I believe but does jump up in price.

Izerous

Folding Team
@Lysrin one thing to consider, once you buy it you can use it for a very long time. The batteries may get weak but they are replaceable and easily accessible for a lot of units. So it isn't like your throwing it in the trash 3 years from now and having to buy yet another one.

The one my networking gear is plugged into is probably 15 yo enclosure and replacing the batteries is cheaper than buying a new one.

Mr. Friendly

Warm(ish) deal since it's a 2yr old phone, but a NA model 4/32GB phone with a 6" Full HD Super AMOLED screen @ $198 seems like a pretty decent deal if you're looking for an inexpensive phone that isn't cheaply built.

$198 (Might be open box or Demo)
damn...that's not bad. I wonder how much better the SDM636 is over the Exynos 7880 my Galaxy A5 (2017) has. the Play ha a much bigger screen...6" vs my 5.2", so that's a big win right there, plus Android 9.0 vs the 8 the A5 maxed out at.

edit - well, notebookcheck says the 636 is about 38% faster than the 7880. dunno what specs were paired with that tho...4GB or 6GB of RAM.

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

Warm(ish) deal since it's a 2yr old phone, but a NA model 4/32GB phone with a 6" Full HD Super AMOLED screen @ $198 seems like a pretty decent deal if you're looking for an inexpensive phone that isn't cheaply built.

$198 (Might be open box or Demo)
yep, says that on the site:

Final Clearance. Some items may be open box or demo units. All have full manufacturer’s warranty.

sswilson

Staff member

I mentioned this in the 3D Printer thread for the CorelCad, but it's got Paint Shop Pro, Painter, CorelDraw, CorelCad, and quite a few scripts / brush effects all for $40.

That's a pretty hefty graphics package for the price as long as you can stand the nag/upgrade messages. :)

lowfat

Staff member
For readers of fantasy, Will Wright's entire cradle series is free atm. It is a very enjoyable fun series IMO.

CAN

US