What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

JD

Staff member
Amazon as I use it today. QNAP backs up to it nicely. They support unlimited RAW photo storage too (for now) but they took away the unlimited aspect for US customers. Hopefully we don't lose it as we don't have a ton of benefits with Prime as it is.
Heh, did Amazon read this? Got an email today saying they are ending support for QNAP now :cautious:

sswilson

Staff member
It's really a good deal, must resist!

Heh... your wallet's safe.... OOS.

(I've got confirmation of the order and a placeholder on my CC, but no shipping yet).

But yeah.... kickarse specs for the price. NVMe at sub-$800 put's it over the edge, and the fact that it's dual channel 3200 is an extra bonus.

sswilson

Staff member

djbrad

Another nice deal, but in my mind, HP > Acer anyday.

It's like buying a house. Stop looking at the market after you buy, or you will only get regrets :p

But in our case, computer hardware, we are always looking for something, you can't avoid it.

sswilson

Staff member
Amazon's pricing algorithm has kicked in to bump it up $100. There's some ambiguity WRT the storage, some of the text makes it sound like it's a 2.5" sata SSD, while other text uses the term NVMe. Going by the text it's also possible that the platform has 2 m.2 slots as opposed to 1 M.2 + 1 2.5".

Either way, a cheap(ish) "gaming" laptop is one of the few ways folks can get around the dearth of non-scalped gpus.

Latest posts

Twitter